G&J Platewrite 3000

BillJ

We are considering a Platewrite 3000. Does anyone have one and can comment? How is the print quality and do the plates hold up on press? Any service or maintenance that we need to be aware of?

Do yourself a favour and search this forum for "Inkjet CTP waste of money"

Many previous posts regarding this technology.

Most of the posts are old on this subject. I'm looking for current users of this system.

Yeah, but I don't think much has changed. Personally, I think the whole technology is flawed. Just my 2 cents though.

hi, in general IJ CTP is capable to print even 190 lpi with good rip and media with perfect registration etc, BUT output speed is slow. So if you are far from city with CTP studios with 100-500 plates/month - this technology is for you.
G&J - it is waste of money I think. Look at plate price and add plate stability and runlength. There are more interesting InkJet CTP technologies in market based on regular PS plate with special InkJet coating or even on regular PS plate. Plate price is about 5.5eur/m2 and less - as thermal plates (ok depending on market).
Write me to [email protected] in case you are interesting in more deep explanation.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back