G7 Calibration using Heidelberg Delta Technology / Calibration Manager

Can anyone offer advice on how to enter curve adjustment values into Heidelberg's 'Calibration Manager 1.1' (they're also using Heidelberg's Delta Technology 7.5).

The problem seems that the customer can't enter the 'plate values' directly into the software as it's looking for 'measured' values from the paper.

Any advice?

I am going to also cross-post this to the pre-press forum.

linearization / calibration

linearization / calibration

are you by any chance looking for the linearization part of the calibration manager to enter plate readouts?

or are you referring to the fact that heidelbergs software wants readouts to make a curve from afterwards - that used to be a common question.

just look at the aim curve you go against and enter the "curve" you want that way, faking the readouts to give you the final results.

let me iterate

let me iterate

let me explain that a little better. you have a g7 plate curve right now thats demanding certain values - for example -5% at 50% for CMY.

now lets look at one of the target curves, in your workflow and asuming you didnt enable expert mode in calibration manager yet, that would be an iso standard (asuming papaertype 1/2 here) aiming for 64.3% at 50%.

your pretended readout table should have therefor a value of 69.3 entered at 50% nominal. in your output plan just aim for the iso curve of type1/2 and meta does the rest.

happy to help you more if needed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back