Generating Composite CIP3 Data with nexus

prepressguru

Hey Gang

I am trying to create a workflow which will generate a composite CIP3 file from nexus 8.1. Currently it makes 1 file per separation which we have to then put back together with prepress interface, which is time consuming. I've tried placing the generate CIP below the make separate module but it does not work. It's funny the documentation states you can do this but as mentioned it does not work.

Any thoughts?

p

Here is an example of both ways. You will see I have 2 cip 3 modules in the workflow. One is after the RIP. THis will make a ppf file for every separation. The other cip 3 is under the Rip. This will make 1 composite ppf for all separations.

Attachments

• PDFRIP CIP3 WF.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 190
Hey Jeff

I've tried something similar at my end. We only have classic rip at the moment. When I try to put the CIP3 below the make seps like you, I get an error message. Plus we are on a old version (8.1). I will try again just in case.

Thanks, p

Jeff!!

Ok it worked. How? I don't get it. The one difference I see is that your module icon has a green part to the arrow part of the icon. If you can explain in detail it would help greatly.

Thanks p

All I did was make new workflow. Type is "Basic", Outputs is "File Copy" and then click the left check box next to file copy. That will insert the CIP module in the proper place.

I/m guessing that the green thing you are talking about is a nexus group. Nothing important. I'm running Nexus 9.1 so what I see is a bit different then what you see.

Hey Jeff

Interesting. I usually create workflows from scratch. What is flaky about it are the links or connections between the icons. I added in the oppo merge, ps interepter, eps converstion which connect from the workflow icon but they do not link between themselves. This might be why when I orginially manually placed the CIP below the make seps it didn't work as there must be a bug in the connection when done this way.

I'll try and build a new workflow like you did and see if it works.

Thanks, p

Hey Jeff

Ok I just tried it out and creating a new basic workflow with checking CIP3 and it works. Very strange but good. We have been manually remerging CIP data from individual seps to a composite file. Time consuming as you can tell. Thanks for this, beers on me!

p

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back