Has the Font Encoding in CS4 been discussed?

Hello

The Problem with disappearing fonts/characters in InDesign is a problem in Illustrator CS4 too.
If you save a job as ai file (what else – with pdf checkmark) and open it in Acrobat 8 the same problem occurs. Has anybody an idea how to avoid this?
Happily , with the indesign cs4 6.0.4 update the placed ai file in indesign isn’t a problem any more.
I think, Adobe has to change the same behavior in Illustrator CS4 too?

Many thanks
Tobi

Never tried that…perhapps the same work around? Save Illustrator files as PDFX4 files with AI compatibility if you need to open in Acrobat 8?

Yeah, this works, if you save as pdf, but then you cannot save it with illustrator editing capabilities... And if you save it as ai file there is way to change the pdf, its always illustrator standard. We do a lot of work here this way (Save as PDF for our customers). The same file worked in CS3 and was correct in Acrobat 7 and 8 and 9. Now we have CS4 and we have this.

Thank for answer :)

What happens if you save as an AI CS3 compatible, when saving from CS4, I know it's not the ideal but may be a workaround till it getts fixed.

Nope, this doesnt work too. I attached a testfile (you can rename pdf to ai -*it's an ai file). In Acrobat 9 it's correct in 7 it's wrong.

test_cs3 is the same file but saved in illu cs3. That file is correct in Acrobat 7 and 9.

Attachments

• test_cs4.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 210
  • test_cs3.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 215

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back