Heidelberg Herc.

Happyprinter

Does anyone use a Heidelberg Herc classic imagesetter and experienced this problem. When I load a new roll of film everything loads and works fine. When the roll gets down to about 1/2 full the imagesetter tells me that the end of material recognition unit may be defective and will not allow me to use the rest of the roll. When I load another full roll it will work fine until about 1/2 used again then it will repeat the process. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Dear member
In Herkules imagesetter when ever we loaded new film roll ,length and width of material parameters need to enter in to touch memory of cassette. There is polling unit in lolading platform . and material width measurement system light barrier exists, these all should function properly for loading and unloading of film in to internal drum.
Next in the supply cassette the fil roll it self tightly should be rolled . Please check the gear mechanism of supply cassette.
Some times because of dust in material measurement system underneeth loading platform erratically it functioning. We need to wipe of dust particles .
I hope these things could help you to run film roll fully without any issues.

with regards
swarnakumar

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back