Help! Opinion needed to buy the first auto scanner (techkon)

kjp17

We are looking to purchase our first autoscanner to our 12 years old Roland 700 offset press. There is a used Techkon spectrodrive available at a reasonable price.

Because I am completely new to CMS, how is it compared to the scanner from X-rite?

The CMS sales also quote me a Presssign pro. How does it compared to the software from x-rite?

Any special thing I might need to be aware of?

Techkon is a very good scanner, I believe you can also remove the unit from the scanning drive and use it as a handheld something you cannot do with the x-rite scanner.

My only comment on the software is that you should try and pick the one that is the most 'Pressman friendly' If it's too complicated and you have to be a computer genius to operate it your pressman wont use it.

PressSIGN is a nicely put together software package. Along with giving you ink key feedback like any press console, it will score each sheet read, allow you to generate curves for plating, and a bunch of other stuff.

It would be worth setting up some training to maximize on your investment.

PressSIGN Pro and Techkon Spectrodrive

PressSIGN Pro and Techkon Spectrodrive

PressSIGN Pro driving the Spectrodrive is a potent combination. To answer your question, both the Spectrodrive and the X-Rite Intellitrax get the job done very well, and both are driven directly by PressSIGN. The Techkon instrument is a more current design, e.g., having wi-fi and USB connections, and is modular and portable. I am a PressSIGN reseller and implementer, and Techkon (and X-Rite) dealer, here in California. If you send me a PM I can discuss the various options, including a discounted demo instrument.

Mike

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back