Help PLEASE.

Robert carter

I have an imac 10.6.8 running cs3 and I am trying to print a halftone on a hp 8000n laserjet printer. I can't get the printer to print the dot pattern needed to print the halftone on my ryobi. The hp 8000n says it's a postscript printer. What am I doing wrong? :) any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an imac 10.6.8 running cs3 and I am trying to print a halftone on a hp 8000n laserjet printer. I can't get the printer to print the dot pattern needed to print the halftone on my ryobi. The hp 8000n says it's a postscript printer. What am I doing wrong? :) any help would be greatly appreciated.

Depending on the Postscript language, you might need to make sure your printer can support postscript 3.

Oh, I don't know. You are all alone with that mac. It may be good for running design apps but as far as submitting/configuring something to print, I haven't seen anything more idiotic than mac printdrivers. Maybe getting simple/inexpensive pc to work with that hp would be the best thing.

Oh, I don't know. You are all alone with that mac. It may be good for running design apps but as far as submitting/configuring something to print, I haven't seen anything more idiotic than mac printdrivers. Maybe getting simple/inexpensive pc to work with that hp would be the best thing.

That response is of no real help to the OP, jumping on the Mac/Windows flake war bandwagon is idiotic at best. There's a reason professionals use Mac. But viewing from that unhelpful post, i would venture to say you wouldn't know anything about that, you just concerned with increasing your post count. Shame

I would probably build the halftone in Photoshop and print it already done.

-----

Wow Cjwworld, and how exactly is your post helpful to original poster? And for all we know, you are trying to increase your post poll. Shame on you! At least I am offering him a way out, may be not exactly answers his question but it worked in my experience.
I can hardly understand how exactly adding extra post will benefit me? This is a free will help forum.... in one thing you are correct and I believe I had mentioned that- macs are good for specific things. It is mission impossible to configure job to print on mac, try sending the job to make a booklet, feed a cover from a different tray for example. At one
point I've got fed up with macs we had and replaced them with well built PC. I am unaware of any mac vs pc battles and apologize to all mac lovers but it is my personal experience that mac print drivers are idiotic. Those who had ever printed anything more than Ltr size page would, probably, agree with me to some degree.

No unlimited, you're pretty wrong. HP's use a postscript emulator. When trying to print your halftone pattern are you talking about a screen ruling/lpi/angle or a dot shape? How is it that you are printing, what program? The hp's that I have used I have been able to print angles and frequencies i spec but not dot shapes.

I tried to make the halftone in photoshop in cs3 but the results didn't look very good. I have been self employed for 23 years and have owned only 3 Macs.

Last edited:
You mentioned a Ryobi. Is this a press? If so, you don't need to print anything on your laser printer unless it's a proof or you can print poly plates on the HP. Need more info on the problem to help. What will be the final output device for plate or film? What program did you do the original project in?

Robert . .. from what I've read here this is my understanding, you are printing to the 8000 and getting paper output then shooting it on a camera direct type of silvermaster plate system, right so far? Is the problem your having involve getting a low enough screen ruling or something else?

From what I've seen if your printing from indesign to a "laser" you lose any screening settings and go to the default of the printer . . . but I tried something today if you make a pdf and then print it from acrobat I managed to set a 60 lpi setting and it printed it that way . . . a workaround sure but I haven't found any other way . . . .

chances are you are not using the PS driver. Get that HP CD driver and reinstall your driver.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back