help to Make a packing/box

G

Hi Guys
I'm making a new packing but I need to help to better subjection
The packing is 32 x 24 x 7 and with 2 Circle in the box
This is just a sample photo

WP_20150122_001.jpg
Thank you

We would go to our die cutting expert they build many of that type of specialty boxes like that - he is forever finding a cool box and then deconstructing it to see how it works . . . .

We would go to our die cutting expert they build many of that type of specialty boxes like that - he is forever finding a cool box and then deconstructing it to see how it works . . . .

X2.

Be aware that different vendors will come up with different configurations and what may work for one vendor, may not work for another. If possible, determine who will do the conversion and get them involved up front. There are a number of factors that will affect how the die will be built. They should be able to ask you a few questions and then supply you with a file and/or a paper dummy (mock-up).

OOOO....
that looks like a fun one!!
too big for my shop to produce I think, but that one looks like some of the fun puzzles I love...

On the flip side, a box that large should probably be out of corrugated. White board or CCNB, even at 30pt would be too flimsy I would think.

see here:
http://www.jainsonspackers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Flutes.jpg

I would say at LEAST E-flute, but B-flute would be better. The only think is corrugated doesn't tend to work as well for creative folding. However, standard Ear-tuck box, with a white board insert might work...

The panel sizes are dependent on the material type and thickness. The material type and thickness is also partially dependent on the material going into the box.

At a quick glance I don’t believe that the paths in your file are suitable for output, so would need to fixed at the diemakers. Generally speaking, parametrically driven packaging specific CAD software is best suited for such tasks. We sell Arden Impact for this type of work, however there are of course many other software options out there.

You can do this yourself, however as previously suggested the earlier that you involve the converter, the better. They will have structural designers/engineers that can make this happen.

Stephen Marsh

I agree with Stephen. the template you have there is a good rough concept, but not a functional dieline. If you are looking at corrugated, then you definitely will need more allowances for the appropriate scores and material thickness.

For packaging CAD programs, the three main contenders that I know of are Artios CAD, Cimex, and Arden Impact. they all have their own pluses and minuses.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back