Help with Market Ideas

Muddy

Let me say first off, that when I have posted here before everyone has been very helpful with responses. I'm hoping it's the same this time as well.

I'm about to lease a new KM6501 and feel I've made a good deal with the dealer. Our company is primarily an offset commercial printer that has done some digital in the past as a service to our existing customers. We've used a Toshiba something or other that is not a production grade machine. I can clearly see where a production grade machine is needed to be in that end of the business.

I'm hoping you can give me some idea as to where we should be looking to market this new service. Of course, I'll be telling my existing customers but want to take it much further than that. We are located in an industrial park so walk in traffic is nil.

Since I don't know this market now I'm hoping you can give me some ideas as to who we should be talking to and any advice you can give about pursuing business for this machine. For example you might say look at hotel business in the following way. I have work for it now I just need to add a lot more.

Iknow it sounds like I haven't planned for this or done my homework and that's not the case,I'm just trying to build a comprehensive marketing plan and would like a few nudges.

Thanks in advance

How you market it depends on what services you are providing. Are you doing any variable data, trans-promo, or just static?

Digital Printing meets these basic market trends :
- Short Runs
- Fast Turnaround Time
- Printing on Demand
- Variable Data Printing

There is an unlimited number of applications; mostly Books & Manuals, Collateral, Direct Mail, Transactional Promotional.

Check here : Xerox iGen4 Digital Press: Advanced Color for Many Applications
Look where it says Applications and you'll find a lot more information.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back