Help xerox versant 180

Moutamix

Hello, plq i need your help
I have a v180 when i print in 90gms uncoated or 170g coated paper the colors printing are good but when i print the same file in 300g coated or adhesive sticker the color is too light a big difference i tried to make calibaration with spectromètre fs 2000 but no result, is a calibration issue, pls what the best way to make calibration ?
Also i have aproblem with magenta the right edge is little dark to the left edge i have make density uniformity but the same result, it can be a drum problems ?
The machine is in 1millions prints
Thank you

You need to make a color profile for each stock. Do you have fiery color profiler software? This will set the correct colour to the stock and then you calibrate the profile every so often to keep that accurate.

Magenta could be drum or developer. If you've run density check then only other quick fix would be to try and clean the glass panels with the device on the inside of the machine door.

You need to make a color profile for each stock. Do you have fiery color profiler software? This will set the correct colour to the stock and then you calibrate the profile every so often to keep that accurate.

Magenta could be drum or developer. If you've run density check then only other quick fix would be to try and clean the glass panels with the device on the inside of the machine door.
Thank you for your answer,
I don't have fiery color profiler software, pls what can i do ?

Could you explain some of your process.
When you are printing a job in command workstation, under job properties in the colour - then basic settings, do you select an output profile?
You should have some default Xerox profiles for certain weight stocks which you can select the closest to what you're printing.

Could you explain some of your process.
When you are printing a job in command workstation, under job properties in the colour - then basic settings, do you select an output profile?
You should have some default Xerox profiles for certain weight stocks which you can select the closest to what you're printing.
In the attached the output profile i have in the machine
most of the time i print coated 300gms or 350 gms but the result it's not so good

Thank you for your help

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-10-18 à 10.45.51.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-10-18 à 10.45.51.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 157
But do you select one of those profiles when in the job parameters of what you're printing?
If you're printing on 300gsm coated you should be setting that to gloss 250gsm for a better match.

I'm sure there must be a way of creating a custom colour profile for your stock but I'm not sure how without the Fiery Colour profile suite.

I don't have fiery color profiler software, pls what can i do ?
you can do it by eye.

machine status > tools > paper tray settings > custom paper settings > change settings > 6. adjust image transfer

I use "enter percentage" then run tests with different percentages. Write down the percentage on each sheet so you don't lose track. Adjust as small a change as you want, but I usually just do it in increments of 10. Then save the setting that seems best to you.

If your clients are color critical, you'll need to get more sophisticated with hardware, software, and knowledge. But for me, my eye is good enough.

EDIT : sorry, i just realized I didn't answer your actual question, but maybe I did? Maybe the machine isn't laying down and fusing the toner correctly?

If you want to adjust color manually...

machine status > tools > paper tray settings > custom paper settings > change settings > settings 16-19 ... however, make sure the problem exists across all types of images on that one stock. Otherwise, I'd color correct on the front end, either through Command Workstation (eg. image tab > brightness -or- the design software.

But do you select one of those profiles when in the job parameters of what you're printing?
If you're printing on 300gsm coated you should be setting that to gloss 250gsm for a better match.

I'm sure there must be a way of creating a custom colour profile for your stock but I'm not sure how without the Fiery Colour profile suite.
I can do it with trial version ?
Thank you

you can do it by eye.

machine status > tools > paper tray settings > custom paper settings > change settings > 6. adjust image transfer

I use "enter percentage" then run tests with different percentages. Write down the percentage on each sheet so you don't lose track. Adjust as small a change as you want, but I usually just do it in increments of 10. Then save the setting that seems best to you.

If your clients are color critical, you'll need to get more sophisticated with hardware, software, and knowledge. But for me, my eye is good enough.

EDIT : sorry, i just realized I didn't answer your actual question, but maybe I did? Maybe the machine isn't laying down and fusing the toner correctly?

If you want to adjust color manually...

machine status > tools > paper tray settings > custom paper settings > change settings > settings 16-19 ... however, make sure the problem exists across all types of images on that one stock. Otherwise, I'd color correct on the front end, either through Command Workstation (eg. image tab > brightness -or- the design software.
Thank you i will try this

I would look at a couple items and other have already mentioned some of them.
  1. Make sure you’re selecting the correct profile for the type and weight of stock you’re using.
  2. Make sure you run color calibration with the type (coated) and weight (300gsm) loaded.
  3. If colors are still light after running color calibration then run “adjust image transfer” for your custom paper, then run color calibration again.
You don’t need Color Profiler to have consistent color between stock types, just running your color calibration will do this. I’m not saying that Color Profiler won’t give you more precise and accurate colors but it won’t solve the issue that your having between stocks type and weight.

You can swap your magenta drum with any of the other 3 drums to see if the density problem is caused by the drum.

I would look at a couple items and other have already mentioned some of them.
  1. Make sure you’re selecting the correct profile for the type and weight of stock you’re using.
  2. Make sure you run color calibration with the type (coated) and weight (300gsm) loaded.
  3. If colors are still light after running color calibration then run “adjust image transfer” for your custom paper, then run color calibration again.
You don’t need Color Profiler to have consistent color between stock types, just running your color calibration will do this. I’m not saying that Color Profiler won’t give you more precise and accurate colors but it won’t solve the issue that your having between stocks type and weight.

You can swap your magenta drum with any of the other 3 drums to see if the density problem is caused by the drum.
Thank you

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back