Herkules Basic Error 4008/service manual

isaac chiuye

HI There,
Could someone help with this error 4008 which comes up at beginning of loading film material on our herkules basic imagesetter. Kindly also let me know where I can get service manual (in english) for the machine.
Regards,
Isaac Chiuye.

it says, quote: 'an error occurred during the material width measurement. The material width measuring system does not recognize ant material or is defective. The recorder hardware is defective. Check the material width measuring system - mechanics, sensors and electronic parts'.

So basically reload the film in cassette, check the cassette and load again. Cannot help you further. Afaik the service manual was distributed to trained engineers in printed form only.

Hi Vlad,

The diskette in a PC computer is as same as a diskette (I mean floppy disk) of the Herkules? The floppy disk of our herkules was bad and we don't know if we can find one in PC to exchange...We have to re-configure some jumpers? Do you know or any document.
Thanks in advance
Leo.

Herkules

Herkules

If i remember you can do one copy from Herkules Disk , just try to find one runing Windows NT4.

Put the disk on the drive, and right click mouse, choose diskcopy, et voilá .

If you need one new disk, i can send to you the image .

All the Best

Padrao

Back in those days I used to keep all proprietary format rip 50 and linotype floppy disks as images using Disk Copy on MacOS 8 or 9. Disk Copy can read 'raw' data to save a bit by bit image. To solve the floppy drive problem you can look for a scrapyard replacement or attempt repair yourself provided the magnetic heads are still correctly aligned and suspensions are ok. The remaining mechanisms can be cleaned and re-greased.

PM me and leave email address, I may help service manual and error list for you here.
Good luck

HI There,
Could someone help with this error 4008 which comes up at beginning of loading film material on our herkules basic imagesetter. Kindly also let me know where I can get service manual (in english) for the machine.
Regards,
Isaac Chiuye.

PM me or leave me email address. I may have something for you
Good luck

hi
i think your problem in switch in vacum unit,
if switch is damaged. or switch activator dosent work.switch and activator are in front of vacum pump.
when film move vacum is activa and film can not forward
regards

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back