Hot folders in Prinergy Worksop

guagee

Can anyone shed any light on how to setup a simple hot filer that would create a new job in prinergy and do a basic refine. Thanks in advance

I have no wisdom to share, i can only offer a "hey, let me google that for you" typr help...

I seached for "prinergy manual"

found this...

http://tag.kpgraphics.com/MTS_Victo...rinergy_Creo/3.0 Priergy/StepByStep Guide.pdf

I see that on page 12 of that PDF, the hot folder seems to be generated from within a Prinegy dialog box when setting up a workflow.

Hope that helps...( I worked for AGFA and Enfocus, never worked for Creo or Kodak or ever used Prinergy, but it make sense to me that you probably need to create a Job Ticket and then generate a hot folder that is associated with that, as opposed to creating some folder first...

I think what Guagee is looking for is findable in the Prinergy online help (available from Workshop's Help menu). the "simple hot folder that would create a new job in prinergy and do a basic refine" is called a "Smart Hot Folder" (as opposed to a job-specific hot folder). There are lots of examples/diagrams in the online help under this topic.

Good luck! :)

Can anyone shed any light on how to setup a simple hot filer that would create a new job in prinergy and do a basic refine. Thanks in advance

You need to create a SmartHotFolder that is a Job Creator. To refine you need Hotfolders. Best to create a Template Job that includes a Hotfolder with a process template that refines. When you create your SmartHotFolder base it on the Template job you created that has the Hotfolder in it.

Good Luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back