how can I test my plate ?

shaheed

I have prepress Center, and I'm using several brands of thermal plates like
(Agfa, Xing, lucky, IBF,..) at the same time and with the same developer (AGFA or Xing)
I’m working on Avalone N8 20S online processor.
I need your help to know how can I test my plate before I send it to press?
Agfa wedge gives several results on different plates brands. that I can't trust it always.
is there any way to be sure that my plate is good and will work properly on the press?
most of my customers said that the plate run length too short, and sometimes the dot disappears after few presses (20-50 press).

please advice.

Thanks in advanced

Mixing so many plate types in the same chemistry is going to play havoc with trying to keep a stable process - the ratios of different plates may affect the developer performance, and you'll likely get redeposit issues and short bath life. That's a no-win situation.

My first question is why mix so many plate types? Focusing on optomizing one may save you a lot of hassle, give you better leverage/support from a single vendor, and eliminate some huge unknowns - all benefitting you and your customers.

There's no one plate that can do "everything", but we're pretty darn close these days.

Kevin.

Kevin:

I actually agree, but as we both know, the issue is even more complex.

Each plate may have a different exposure and focus setting - perhaps
this has already been taken into account. Also - some plates have significant
ablation debris, which can impact exposure consistency, let alone the impact
on the engine.

Best bet?
Work with your plate technical representative for the optimum set-up guidelines.

Kevin:
I actually agree, but as we both know, the issue is even more complex.

Absolutely - it goes far beyond just processing complexity. I'm sure he has his business or even technical reasons for such a diverse supply, but it's not really a manageable situation. There's a huge difference between "works" and "works properly / consistently"... even our best tech guys would probably take one look and walk away... sorry!

If Steve and I agree, it must be serious. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back