how to choose the right Imagesetter??

Trimmer

Hi
I am in the market to buy a new imagesetter but I am not sure which is best for my purposes?
I had Heidelberg linotype hell but I've had many problems with it and i don't know whether to take again a new type of with this brand or to look for any others like AGFA,FUJI,KODAK.
i'm looking for one more sustainable imagesetter( not like my old linotype hell, every month i used to had a problem with that machine... )
What kind you would recommend me to be more secure and more stable and less problems.
We have a five color B1 press ManRoland , heidelberg GTO,A3,B2...
What kind of imagesetter would you recommend me for those Presses???

Ctf

Ctf

If you need to stay in film, then look at a factory refurb from ECRM. They coma with the latest harelquin rip and a year parts warranty.

Agfa Avanta30 Available

Agfa Avanta30 Available

Hi Trimmer - We have a used Agfa Avantra 30 Imagesetter available at a great price. It is a full 4-up machine and is capable of film and CTP, in fact we used it exactly for that purpose, switching very easily between both media. I also have two offline processors that can be used for film and ctp (polyester). We have very good luck with this machine, it is very reliable and if you talk to other Avantra users, you will hear good things. If you are interested please contact me: [email protected]

Stick to an ECRM or an AGFA device for film since parts are still readily available. If you do go to a CTP device the Screen CTP devices are great.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back