HP Indigo 5500 CMS

sornchai

Hi guys...I'm new in digital printing. Factory in Thailand has HP 5500 . My boss want Iso-12647-8 validation print for profile 39l and 47l. Please recommen me the way. Thank you sir

Generally, you have to break down the process to steps, building upon each other as you go along the way.

First, you have to achive a proper calibration to target densities (or target LAB values) on the selected substrates (an average, widely available low-OBA coated stock on your market for Fogra 39, and a similar uncoated paper for Fogra 47).

Next, you have to make sure that the whole sheet has the same calibration properties within a tight tolerance. Even in the corners you should have proper color calibration, not just in the middle of the sheet.

The first two steps might propel your system to a state when G7 or ISO 12647-8 is within easy reach, using the canned, factory-supplied color profiles. If that's not the case, you will have to build your own color profiles for each of the substrates, using a commercial profiling application and a lot of measurements.

When you have the press properly calibrated & profiled, you must be able to reproduce color with very high accuracy. To prove that to your boss (and most of all: to your customers), and to maintain this merry state, you should use an application like Bodoni PressSign (Print Buyer Edition), which can output a certification about the performance of your press system.

The first two steps is very system specific, I would start with an in-depth consultation with your local HP dealer / technician. They should know how to tweak the press to it's sweet spot.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back