HP Indigo 5r Digital Press - Opionions?

We have an HP Indigo 7500 whose lease is expiring. We are considering replacing it with an Indigo 5r. We are a little concerned that these are actually reconditioned presses. I am sure the quality will be as good as our current press, but wondering if it will be as reliable. Even though we will have a service policy with it, we don't want to be down frequently.Does anybody have experience with one?

My concern would be how long will they be supported by HP. When is the end of life? Are they still developing the software. Is there a PC under the hood running Windows XP. A couple of them run Windows 7. When will Microsoft stop supporting those.

Yesterday's technology tomorrow. Doesn't sound inspiring does it?

My concern would be how long will they be supported by HP. When is the end of life? Are they still developing the software. Is there a PC under the hood running Windows XP. A couple of them run Windows 7. When will Microsoft stop supporting those.

Yesterday's technology tomorrow. Doesn't sound inspiring does it?

We got a 1000R to replace our turbo 1000 . . . the machine came into our shop in about the same condition as the one we had purchased new. . . . they both needed quite a bit of work done before they ran reliably . . . interesting thing is that it was rebuilt in Isreal and the tech that eventually fixed it came in from Isreal . . . I will say they stand behind their machines.

as to the yesterdays' technology tomorrow . . .

that pretty much what everything is in a week or two anyway . . .

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back