I need a little direction with Press Sync curves

y2kflhr

I finally got all my upgrades done and my calibrations run on press, when I ran the P2P25 control strip against the gracol standard in press sync it recommended a set of curves, C-E54, M-E54, Y-E54, K-E52, so I set up a presssync curve and ran a new set of plates. My results were less than desirable when compared to my proof, and just in general, the gray balance seemed off and the picture of with the light dress looked wrong, the barn sky was off, etc….I thought maybe the proof was off but recalibrated and ran a new proof and the proof is matching what I am seeing on screen as a pretty well balanced proof. I had an idea to run the idealliance strip in press sync to see what that said and I am attaching screen shots, I don’t understand why on the first run the delta E of the CMYK is in range although a little high on the C & K, but the Combination of M&Y and C&M are way high and the recommended curves aren’t that much different than what my P2P25 recommendations were, the second proof screen shot is the results with E-54 in everything but the K which is E52.

I guess the simple question is what do I need to do to try and get the M&Y and C&M back lower so that I can see if that will get my press sheet better.

any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• photo4975.jpg
    photo4975.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 196
  • photo4976.jpg
    photo4976.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 186

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back