ICC Conversion

JasonM

We have a GMG rip that runs 2 Epson 9800 proofers. We did a press test and ran the GMG ECI2002 target so we could make the MX4's for the GMG. Now I need to take that same target and make an ICC profile.

From what I know, I should be able to export the data from GMG's profile editor after I have read in the press target. Then I need to change some of the text so Gretag Profile Maker will see the file. I have made the ICC profile but when I do conversions it takes any 0 CMYK and makes it 9C, 5M, 5Y, 0K. I have tried to edit the ICC with Gretag and it allows me to do so but I still get the same results when I do a conversion. Any ideas on a way to make this work would be appreciate.

Hi

Where is this conversion taking place? It sounds like your rendering intent is absolute colorimetric instead of relative colorimetric. When the RIP is trying to emulate the press, it will use absolute colorimetric to simulate the paper color. Is the paper from your press test really that dark gray?

Anyway, when you convert your images in Photoshop, use relative colorimetric in order to keep paper white at zero. Then the rip can add the paper color when it makes the proof.

-Todd Shirley

That's what I thought at first to but I am doing the conversion in PhotoShop and I have the rendering intent in PS set to relative. The paper is a ground wood stock so it is "gray".

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back