ICC profiles in cs3

Paultheprinter

Hi there,

if i print to a proofer from cs3 (through powerip) i can use the set profiles in the menus, is it possible to add more profiles to these eg iso unocated yellowish. all Help appreciated as im a pressman not a artworker

Paul

ofcouse you can add profiles, best is to create colour settings files for your workflows. (coated, uncoated etc) and then add your proofer profiles so that you can output tp proof.

Look in the help files, they are very good. Or come back with more details on your system. Are you running Mac or PC? The directory/folder are different.

Thanks for the answer, im running cs3 on the pc. You say you can create your own icc pofile, what programs can you use and are these available to free download. I ask this as im trying to get the best out of a old system and the bosses dont want to spend much money.

Thanks Paul

There are many programs to make an ICC profile. Most programs involve measuring a standard or customised test chart. I have used ProfileMaker, Pulse and Agfa ColorTune. There are many more manufacturers of profile creation and editing. Binuscan has also a special way of handling out of gamut colours that some prefer.
A simple profile can even be made using PhotoShop, though I have not been able to get the results I wanted with that method.

For standard ICC profiles I would reccomend a visit to ECI.org.
Here is Adobe online help instruction:
InDesign CS3

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back