Icc profiling c7000vp

Daniel81

Hello

i bought à 7000vp today, and are lite interesting to talk to somebody about best icc to the machine.

Q. Do i need coated an uncoated icc like offset or can i calubrate one good to Evert paper in the catalog.

Any how can give me some answer please

You will want to make an ICC for each stock you run most frequently to have the best results. (for example: you will have one ICC for plain uncoated paper vs. heavy coated paper). Paper thickness as well as white point will play into this, not just coating.

May I ask which controller you purchased? Each controller has some pre-built ICCs for different media types (unless you went with an internal controller only).

These are a great start, but if you really want to dial it in and make your own I would recommend different ICC output profiles for different media types.

Also, don't get this confused with calibration - which should be done on hammermill 28# bond paper.

Thanks

i have 3100 ripp, but i wounder if the icc profiling, can i do or is it the same procedure egen you icc offset, do i need a uncoated profile and one coated to calubrate on Evert wight,

I apologize, I'm having trouble understanding your question. Let me take a few more stabs at what I think you're trying to ask.

Q. Is the process for profiling offset the same for digital?
- In theory it is mostly the same. You basically choose a target to characterize a condition of the equipment including media, etc. But with digital, you have to remember to disable the color management of your rip (3100) before profiling.

Q. Do I need different ICC profiles for different media (coated vs. uncoated).
- For the most ideal/realistic results, yes different profiles are needed. You're 3100 RIP comes bundled some some default output profiles created by EFI specific to the imagePRESS for heavy, light, light coated, heavy coated media, for example.

Did either of these answer your question?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back