Igen 110 vs Nexpress 2500

Try Futura from New Page, it is iGen certified. I use it on my 8000AP and NEVER have a paper problem. I wouldn't doubt if New Page is the mill that makes the Xerox brand.

We just got some new paper in, I think it is from New Page, though I have my doubts the paper is the problem. Whoever put this machine together was drinking eggnog.

Its running today, but Im not getting my hopes up for tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jorge

Not the paper???? It's ALWAYS the paper!!! Either that or you just don't know what the hell your doing. There is no way the machine is at fault, can't be... impossible! ;)

Im really hoping they get it sorted, its nice to print up to 120 ppm (3 up on 26" paper), really cuts into our pile of workorders when its running. Turns out it wasn't the paper ... after I bitched out our Mac sales rep for the wavy paper, it was a badly misaligned guide ... grrrr
---------------------
Its been 3 months now and our Igen4 is running like a top. Xerox has been on top of things and I am feeling very happy about going with this machine.

Last edited:
Greetings.Please send me the list of certified substrates.Thanks.

I want to let you know, I work for Kodak – so my commentary may be somewhat subjective, but wanted to give you some additional things to think about.

With the NexPress press, you’ll have the ability to apply clear coat inline for protection coating or high gloss in flood and spot applications with the addition of our near-line glossing unit. The NexPress press is the only digital press with inline dimensional printing for a raised printing effect – very popular with customers and in some cases significant increase in response in direct mail applications, for example (new case studies coming soon to our website). Kodak recently announced the Red Fluorescing Clear Dry Ink for security and workflow applications – this ink will fluoresce red when illuminated with an ultraviolet (UV) light – just like you see in airports with passports or driver’s licenses. Lastly, we have inline MICR for bank check printing, and we recently announced a new Fifth Imaging Unit Solution available next year, light black – for ultra-high image quality. We also have red, green, and blue for color gamut expansion. All of these applications are produced with the award-winning Fifth Imaging Unit.

We don’t sell papers at Kodak – so you can use standard offset stock with over 600 substrates certified for use with our press. Xerox tends to sell its own papers.

You will notice more differential gloss with the iGen platform. We tend to match the gloss level of the inks with the gloss level of the papers / substrates. In addition, we announced our matte finish with works great in many different applications including photo portraiture or in high-end magazines. This is accomplished by simply switching in/out the traditional fuser roller.

Which equipments you are using. Did you see demo of Kodak Dimensional printing. Off line UV coater can't do ,what dimensional printing can do.

Listen, the gentleman working for Kodak is just telling you what he wants you to hear. The fact is Igen3 or Igen4 can running thousands of stocks, including plastics, magnets and there are so many I cant even begin to name. Printers I am familiar with run offset stock all the time no issues. As for the clear. All Kodak is doing is running a clear toner. It is not UV and not protection. Unless you are running everthing coated the clear does not even play. And to be frank, just buy a offine UV coater, it costs much less to take that approach. The other issue you should strongly consider is the finacial stability of the company. Kodak has been tetering on the edge of financial colapse for years. What happens when the company crashes and burns, you are out of luck. Also support is so important. One thing about Kodak that I have heard often is that the support in the field is lacking. Ulimately the decision is yours. Just be careful.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back