iGen cost

Will

Hi All,
First post. Pretty cool site. Lots of info.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the "click" charge would be for full color digital on an iGen, for roughly 600,000/yr
Size is 8.5" x 11"...is that a click or would a 11" x 17" be considered a click?
Any help would be much appricieated.

Edited by: William on Jul 24, 2008 1:42 PM

Re: iGen cost

Is that 600,000 per YEAR or MONTH?
If you only run 600,000 in a years time then don't even THINK of leasing an iGen. An iGen is designed to run 200,000 to 3,750,000 a month!

That would be in one month. sorry.
I am not interested in pruchasing, just need it printed.

8.5 x 11 - printed one side = one click
printed two sides = two clicks
any item running larger than 8.5 x 11, is an "over sized" click charge.

A black and white click charge is cheaper than a color click.

Hope this helps.

I can tell you that all Xerox copiers and MFPs have the same click charge no matter the paper size. The click charge for that should be less that $0.004...

Anyone know what the click charges are for this machine?

How much are they when doing 4/0 on a 14x20 sheet?

That would be in one month. sorry.
I am not interested in pruchasing, just need it printed.

So you don't want an iGen, you just want to know how much it will cost another printer with an iGen to print so you can haggle down on the price?????

It does not work that way. Firstly, the printer with the iGen will have many other overheads to cover, not just the click charge (paper, staff, rent, insurance....). Secondly, different printers may have negotiated different click rates anyway, so there will not be a single ccp. Thirdly, surely you need to get a quote from a printer and not try to tell the printer how much he should be charging. Printers need to make a profit, so it is up to the printer to tell you how much he is willing to let you have the printing for.

Sorry if I have misunderstood, but the print industry needs to start making profits again.

Yea on make a profit !!!

Yea on make a profit !!!

Way to go easiprint. If this guy wants a digi, then negotiate with the lease company. Otherwise go shopping.

Will, I'd give you a quote. Where does this product need to be delivered?
What kind of workflow are we talking? Give us some details.

Bretman

Hello, I would like to know how much is the cost per sheet (12 x 18 inches, 300 grs) 50% print, approx? (us dlls.), regards.

hi, thanks for the reply... the $ 734.93 dlls are for a 1k 12 x 18 inches glossy cover paper? or how many?, regards.

Just one sheet, but it's really nice!

I was just kidding - this forum really isn't the place to get quotes.
Call a printer, or hit up some printer's web sites.

Hi, I just bought a igen3 in tijuana mexico, I would like to know approx the price of a 12x18" glossy cover paper one side print color.

regards

So you don't want an iGen, you just want to know how much it will cost another printer with an iGen to print so you can haggle down on the price?????

It does not work that way. Firstly, the printer with the iGen will have many other overheads to cover, not just the click charge (paper, staff, rent, insurance....). Secondly, different printers may have negotiated different click rates anyway, so there will not be a single ccp. Thirdly, surely you need to get a quote from a printer and not try to tell the printer how much he should be charging. Printers need to make a profit, so it is up to the printer to tell you how much he is willing to let you have the printing for.

Sorry if I have misunderstood, but the print industry needs to start making profits again.

+1

I was thinking the same thing. You cannot charge purely based on a click charge. There is the expertise to setup the job, run the job, overhead for the machine, finishing, dealing with you the customer.... and honestly if you are trying to find out how much it costs a printer to print a job so you can haggle down probably means you are not someone we would want to deal with. We all need to eat and pay our bills. You are free to quote around for the best price, but please do not try and dictate to a print shop how much they should be charging because you know one tiny fact about the job in production.

+1

I was thinking the same thing. You cannot charge purely based on a click charge. There is the expertise to setup the job, run the job, overhead for the machine, finishing, dealing with you the customer.... and honestly if you are trying to find out how much it costs a printer to print a job so you can haggle down probably means you are not someone we would want to deal with. We all need to eat and pay our bills. You are free to quote around for the best price, but please do not try and dictate to a print shop how much they should be charging because you know one tiny fact about the job in production.

Had a real unusual call last week which made me think of this amusing thread. Prospective customer calls wanting to know how much to print something. I say, well it can vary, depending on how many, what size, color/bw, etc... He wants one copy, black and white. A work order, with an address and phone number, so he can fax it in to some business and get paid. Caught a little off guard by this (we are not a retail print shop so not accustomed to being phoned up randomly for things like this) I realize he needs it typeset as well. Then he says, UPS Store wanted $25, Kinko's wanted $50. I say we don't generally do individual copies of one page...but if we need to lay out something its going to cost a lot more than just the actual cost to print, that what the copy shops are offering sounds fair and our rates would probably be in the ballpark when its all done. He says he doesn't want to spend very much, I recommend to him that most libraries will allow him to use a computer and printer for free or a nominal charge..

Now, if he had just walked in and had something already put together, one copy ready to go...sure would have helped him out, probably for next to nothing...wouldn't have turned him away. But I just can't even imagine the thought process to call up every printer in the phone book, trying to get one work order made so he can get paid, while at the same time expecting to not have to pay for our time. I mean I guess if I was a salesman I would have tried to sell him 100 work orders for the same cost others quoted for 1. But sounds like a lot of trouble for $25.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back