image shrinking on plate

Hai iam working in a fa8 (viostar) plate setter using violet plates recently we had a problem in our plate that the image used to get shrink in the plate that also only on the gripper side
for example if we r taking a 4 color work the plates of magenta ,yellow and black r ok but the cyan plate the image used to get shrink as a result the registration is out.
is it anything with calibration can anybody help me?

shrinking image

shrinking image

Hai iam working in a fa8 (viostar) plate setter using violet plates recently we had a problem in our plate that the image used to get shrink in the plate that also only on the gripper side
for example if we r taking a 4 color work the plates of magenta ,yellow and black r ok but the cyan plate the image used to get shrink as a result the registration is out.
is it anything with calibration can anybody help me?

Doesn't sound like a calibration issue.
More than likely it's a mechanical problem with the platesetter.
I have seen an isolated incident where the RIP caused an issue like this... what RIP are you using and are you using any in-rip trapping?
Also... are you sure it's the image is shrinking? Could it be a press issue?

Need more help? You may write or call me direct if you wish.

Have a great day!
Kim Sakowski

KJSAKS Enterprises, Inc
ph... 702-561-5936
e-mail... [email protected]

I agree with Kim I think it would be a press thing not the RIP I know Kim he set up our RIP and has never had that trouble in over 10,000 plates to date.

Dennis
SBCCD

Last edited:
Yep, start looking on press. A word of advice ... when the pressman says it's prepress's fault, usually you have a lazy pressman.

image shrinking

image shrinking

no sir ,its not a problem related to press because i went to the press the moment they called me its a news paper work ,i just measured the distance frm gripper bottom to the image there is a slight shirking of image of a 1mm in cyan plate .is tit may be due to plate flatten in platesetter drum.

It should be mechanical problem on CTP side. Plate could not placed correctly in drum (gripper side).

Edited to add : Observe plates during load whether they fit in drum exactly. Especially gripper side

Good luck
Ozkan

Last edited:
Why would the cyan plate be the only one that is "shrinking"?

The imagesetter doesn't know which "color" it is imaging, does it?

You have a press problem.

Cyan unit blanket and or plate are definatly over packed wich will cause the image to shrink.

I realized this is an old thread that becams active again.
Are you still having this problem with the Cyan plate shrinking?
If so get ahold of me directly I have some possible ideas.
write to ... [email protected]
If you solved the issue, how about sharing what the solution was with the board?

blue line on plate

blue line on plate

i am working in fa8 viostar using fuji plates (violet) it was noticed that a narrow blue line on the plate could any one suggest the possible reason for that that also only on one plate size
there is no dots on that plates it is solidwhat will be the cause

Plates

Plates

i am working in fa8 viostar using fuji plates (violet) it was noticed that a narrow blue line on the plate could any one suggest the possible reason for that that also only on one plate size
there is no dots on that plates it is solidwhat will be the cause

Are you using the LP-NV2 plates from Fuji?

Yep, start looking on press. A word of advice ... when the pressman says it's prepress's fault, usually you have a lazy pressman.

My first thought when I read of your issue was a packing on press. Just seems odd that only 1 out of the 4 colors aren't fitting. It's just too easy for a pressman to say it's preps fault.

I am not saying you don't have a problem with the CTP. But at least take the time to rule out a possible packing issue on press.

Have them hang a magenta plate on the cyan unit and cyan on magenta... If the magenta plate is short and the cyan plate is not, it is a press problem

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back