Imposition

We are imposing flats that have a large amount of step and repeat.

We need to find an imposition software that is capable of accurately positioning
elements to at least 4 decimal places.

Our studio is completely Mac based. Any suggestions for an imposition software that
is capable of accurate step and repeat for large flats?

I would think that Quite Imposing, Impo2 or Impostrip would be able to. Does your workflow have an imposition tool like Signa?

Good morning!

When you say 1bit tiff workflow, what workflow are you using? Do you start with PDF files?

We have a couple solutions I could propose based on your budget and overall workflow needs. Dynastrip or our inpO2 for Acrobat.

If you work with PDF files for the layouts, inpO2 Basic would be all you'd need. It has advanced step and repeat capabilities (step and repeat in rows or columns, as well as custom step and repeat layouts) with all the bells and whistles like custom color bars, side guides and such. Plus, inpO2 Basic is under $1000 US so it's a very cost effective solution and if you ever want to move to an automated workflow, we have a hot folder Automation version for under $2K.

If you want, call me and I can review your needs in more detail and make a recommendation.

Michael Reiher
Director of Sales and Marketing
Dynagram
570-212-2276
[email protected]

What are you currently using, and how is it not adequate? How have you determined that the problem is one of software and not one of hardware or materials?

Al

Do you mean 4 decimal places in points, milimeters, degrees or some other unit? Ultimately the repeatablility and accuracy of your output devices will control whether you actually get the accuracy written into your job files, as has been alluded to by Al Ferrari. Between linear and rotational movements in job files, rotation seems to be the most critical function for floating point accuracy, more so than linear movements... the longer the radius of rotation, the more critical the job file accuracy becomes. Oh, and the RIP software has to support the imposition accuracy as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back