Imposition

Ruffy

Hi! I am using Xitron Navigator 8.1. Does this rip have an imposition that will image CMYK in one film only? As of now it is only capable of CM or YK or just 2 colors in one film by using imposition up or accross. Thanks in advance and GODSPEED!!!

Hi! I am using Xitron Navigator 8.1. Does this rip have an imposition that will image CMYK in one film only? As of now it is only capable of CM or YK or just 2 colors in one film by using imposition up or accross. Thanks in advance and GODSPEED!!!

Did you try to put serial for "Simple Imposition". If you no, here is a number.
In section Simple Imposition put this number 4215646 and I think will be OK.

Maybe not your inpo product?

Maybe not your inpo product?

Hello. First, what imposition product are you using? Simple Imposition?

More than likely, it's not your imposition software... most do not do separations. They work with the type of file you bring in. Import a composite PDF, get a composite out. Import a preseparated file, get a preseparated file out. Or spot in, spot out.

So, if you're looking for a way to image your CMYK/RBG file as a composite on your RIP, I would talk to Xitron about settings on the RIP. I'm sure someone here can chime in and let you know.

Otherwise, if I'm misunderstanding the issue and you're using one of our products (inpO2 or Dynastrip), drop me a note to my main email address [email protected], and we'll see what we can do to sort it out.

I hope this was helpful and again, don't hesitate to write or call.

Michael Reiher
Director of Sales and Marketing
Dynagram

Last edited:
Did you try to put serial for "Simple Imposition". If you no, here is a number.
In section Simple Imposition put this number 4215646 and I think will be OK.

Where can i find this "Simple Imposition"? So i can try to input those numbers... Thanks in advance.

petarbitola: I already try those numbers but its still disabled.... :confused:

First you must stop the RIP, then you go to "navigator" menu, choose "Configure RIP", then choose "Extras...", in Extras choose "Simple Imposition", then choose "Add" and type licence number 4215646. Close all menu. Go to "Output" menu and choose "imposition manager" and with "copy" menu choose any listed option, then make your setting, then save as with your name.

Select any option that will responds to your needs and first try with smaller formats, so when you're sure, use that option to your actual needs.

First you must stop the RIP, then you go to "navigator" menu, choose "Configure RIP", then choose "Extras...", in Extras choose "Simple Imposition", then choose "Add" and type licence number 4215646. Close all menu. Go to "Output" menu and choose "imposition manager" and with "copy" menu choose any listed option, then make your setting, then save as with your name.

Select any option that will responds to your needs and first try with smaller formats, so when you're sure, use that option to your actual needs.

I already tried it but after closing the tabs that you said... and open it again.. the simple imposition is still disabled.... I use Xitron Navigator 8.1

1. Guys, all keys (or numbers) are generated with usage of a special algorythm, based on RIP serial number, so... no any other "lucky numbers" could be good except your own.
2. That's illegal to share such a kund of info at open forum.
3. Is it still available in Nav 8.1 : Page Setup Manager --> Edit Page Setup -->In Processing window mark checkbox at Enable Feature --> Fill Film ???

1. Guys, all keys (or numbers) are generated with usage of a special algorythm, based on RIP serial number, so... no any other "lucky numbers" could be good except your own.
2. That's illegal to share such a kund of info at open forum.
3. Is it still available in Nav 8.1 : Page Setup Manager --> Edit Page Setup -->In Processing window mark checkbox at Enable Feature --> Fill Film ???

I have the original cd of xitron nav 8.1 including the dongle... Before a technician configure it so I know that simple imposition is activated but after i Format my pc and installed the Nav 8.1 the simple imposition is disabled... I just want to know how can i enabled it... Just want help SIR!!!!

You have to have a leaflet/pamphlet or an insert with all keys you bought in your original RIP CD case.
If you lost it, you can ask Xitron for keys. Just provide your info with RIP and dongle numbers.

@VladCanada: I followed the thing you said but there is no film film in the "enable feature". I just wanna ask, what is the advantage of xitron nav 8.1 vs. other rip? It can only plot 2 colors at a time in film, a lot of pb2 error, we need to force the film cassette when we rip the file so it will not plot to other cassette film of dolev 800v...Is there anyway to enhance the rip???

You have to have a leaflet/pamphlet or an insert with all keys you bought in your original RIP CD case.
If you lost it, you can ask Xitron for keys. Just provide your info with RIP and dongle numbers.

I found the leaflet you are saying. The Xitron Serial, Dongle Serial, Internal Security. Thats all. There is no other serial or codes just a note

Note: This is a version 8 dongle with the same security as your old dongle. Neither EasyTrap or TrapPro lite are functional with your V8 RIP. Other codes which were functional with your old dongle should work with your new dongle....

????:confused:

So that means your dongle has all open options what you (or your company) paid for and you don't need extra keys to open them up..
Some options could be a kind of "one time promotion" - IMHO

Concerning "enable features": in Drive:\Xitron\NavigatorXXXX\SW\Page Features
you can find "Examples" folder full of extra features like Fill Film, Pack drum and so on.
Just copy what you need into Page Features folder.

So that means your dongle has all open options what you (or your company) paid for and you don't need extra keys to open them up..
Some options could be a kind of "one time promotion" - IMHO

Concerning "enable features": in Drive:\Xitron\NavigatorXXXX\SW\Page Features
you can find "Examples" folder full of extra features like Fill Film, Pack drum and so on.
Just copy what you need into Page Features folder.

Nothing like Film Film or Pack drum was there. Only about trap, etc... What do you mean of "one time promotion"-IMHO?

Some features could be activated only once since you install SW. The second attempt does not work till you clean up the registry.
I don't have 8.1 ver, so I migth be wrong with the last edition of Page Features.

Some features could be activated only once since you install SW. The second attempt does not work till you clean up the registry.
I don't have 8.1 ver, so I migth be wrong with the last edition of Page Features.

It's not in the registry because I install it to another computer. Maybe that's all for the xitron Navigator 8.1 installer. Do you use Xitron Navigator? Do you have the "Blue Box"? I just want to ask how often that "pb2 read error" occurs if you are using Xitron Navigator with blue box? As for me it's very often. Hassle with the production that's why as of now I am lloking for a better rip. Do you have any suggestions?

I'm former AGFA Field Service Tech, not affiliated with Xitron or ex-Esco, sorry.
I have only Nav 5.3r4 for my own tests.
There are a few forum members workin' with or for Xitron - ask them!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back