Indesign Plug in to insert Barcoad Variables

How is your workflow? There are ways to do it in InDesign or in Acrobat.

I like to use Teacup softwares Pattern Maker, it is scriptable so it's very flexible and it gives good results. We use it as catalouge publishing together with a script that searches for a number string and replaces (or adds) a barcode with the same product number.
I am sure that this procedure can be adapted in other ways with a data merge workflow, but you maybe had another idea of variable? Please clarify what your work flow looks like.

You can download the free to try XMPIE plugin for InDesign. It has 17 standard barcode types includng QR Codes. It has a limit of outputting 5 records to PDF..PPML, which is removed if you buy it. It uses QLingo scripting which is quite easy to use once you have the basics. XMPIE support is very good if you get stuck.

@victor we had teacup people make us a script according to our needs, they even scripted so that we have an interface. It took the developers 2 hours to make the script, and we were able to have it designed so that it can easily be adapted as our products change. What you need to work out is exactly how you want to use the barcodes. I can't say anything about the XMPIE solution but I'm extremly pleased with how teacup works and their services in creating a custom script at a reasonable price.

Sorry, this is not for professional, just only by myself, i need understud, How to make! using excel and Adobe ID, like this: Sequence number in excel 1234567000, get this number and covert to ID using Xpie to Barcode 3 9, if anyone help me please?

Last edited:
I too suggest for Barcode Maker from Teacup Software. It’s easy to use and it handles a wide range of barcodes – including EAN, PostNet, UPC-A, UPC-E, KIX, ISBN, ISSN, and more. It’s also scriptable, so it’s good for an automated workflow where you need to build these quickly.

How to make

How to make

So easy, just get the barcode fonts, and follow this steps, 1- install fonts in your OS, 2-Make any number in Excel or other, but to make a EAN13 you need a valid numbers to this information on excel, like this example: 100.000.000.001. 3- on ID with XPIE xerox plugin for ID CS3, get your database on XPIE - Link data Source, right button go to EDIT RULE, select the extended function and select your Barcode Type, and apply on the data source selected.

Sorry my bad English. thanks for all friends on Brazil, in especial Mr. Elvio the big friend on my dificults. when i help us, reply me.

Victor Hugo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back