Informal Survey

Stevev

I know this is an overly simplistic request, but can I get what PrintPlanet users believe is the current market price for a Xerox DocuTech 6135.

Thanks

Mark:
Apologies for the "wiggly" question - the nature of the process and in part why I'm asking. Try this:

6135 - Standard configuration, plus interposer & Sun Blade 2500, standard finishing, purchase. Assume re-manufactured or reconditioned as I don't think they are available new any more. Xerox service with supplies.

Thanks

Can't help with total price, but we were just told that all finishers available are new, no used/refurbished available. Puts the price up quite a bit!

I've seen a couple in the past few months in working condition from private sellers go for $3 (yes 3 bucks) to $60.

A used but working 6180 went for $500 'ish.

A lot of people want to get rid of them cheap as long as you pick them up.

Sorry but that's absolutely NOT true.

More power to the Benders, it's a tough market out there and I wish everybody success in their ventures...

...but that being said, with JJ Bender; and others; their prices are much higher than other "market rates," and because of it I've seen them hold on to a lot of machines that they couldn't sell because they wanted WAAAAY too much for it...sometimes as much as 10 times the going rates for similar equipment.

Also, they never say in their listings exactly what they do to "refurbish" machines; which honestly can literally mean that they merely wiped it off with a cloth. Whenever I refurbish anything I make a list of everything replaced and whether it was a new replacement or used replacement.

I'd also check other reference forum sites like copytechnet and xertech and you'll see that what machines go for are less than JJ Bender. Also, I've heard of horror stories with them and success stories with them.

So bottom line do a lot of research, ask questions, get things in writing...

They offer a unique and valuable business model; but the Benders are not price setters.

Call JJ Bender. They pretty much set the market price for used big iron

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back