InSite - Approved and Rejected Pages?

sticks1977

I am fairly new to Prinergy and using the Kodak InSite web portal to upload postscript files into Prinergy to run hard copy proofs and request client approval for artwork.

The approval side of things is handled by customer service who are in direct contact with the client - the art department (which I am part of) is responsible for the upload of the native artwork files to the InSite Creative Server and the postscript file to InSite Prepress Portal where the client approves and rejects the refined PDF pages.

I have had some discussions with my Manager - who is of little help - so hence why I am coming here with the next hurdle I am faced with...

There have been approximately 40 of the 60 pages of a book that have been approved, and a further 15-20 that require corrections and have been annotated via Smart Review by the client.

When I attempt to reupload a new postscript file (with all changes made), Prepress Portal does not allow me to upload the new document with the same name as there are already approved pages.

Is the only solution to this to delete all pages (both approved and rejected pages) and re-refine the postscript file again, therefore basically removing all previous history of changes and the client would have to approve ALL pages again?

My Manager has suggested to upload the pages only that have changed but I can't see how this is possible as the filename is the product code of the document (eg. FGW0001) and then followed by the retainer information (p1.pdf, p2.pdf etc.)

Any help or assistance would be welcome - I'm a bit stumped at the moment as to how I can re-upload the job without having to delete all the refined pages that are approved.

Regards, Shaun (sticks1977)

Hi Shaun,

A couple of ideas spring to mind. You need to either employ version control (_v2, _v2 etc...) in your revised pages and/or use a single page workflow.

HTH.

Why would you want to upload pages again that have already been approved? Your manager is right. Just upload the pages that have had changes. As someone else already suggested, version control.

We just change the name of the corrected pdf to incorporate a -2, -3, etc. depending on the version number. That way, they can be loaded into the same folder and will appear next to the rejected page in the list so it's easy to find. You can either do that, or create a new job with just the corrected pages in the folder and label the job as "revision 1" "revision 2", etc.

I am fairly new to Prinergy and using the Kodak InSite web portal to upload postscript files into Prinergy to run hard copy proofs and request client approval for artwork.

The approval side of things is handled by customer service who are in direct contact with the client - the art department (which I am part of) is responsible for the upload of the native artwork files to the InSite Creative Server and the postscript file to InSite Prepress Portal where the client approves and rejects the refined PDF pages.

Shaun,

I only have experience with InSite Creative Workflow (we are the distributor in Australia).

In ICW, version control is handled automatically, one does not append extra characters to the filename, each round of revisions has the same filename (manual version control sort of defeats the purpose).

In ICW, the annotations are not lost, when using compare mode one can still see the annotations on the previous version/s and compare them to the new revision. I have attached a screenshot from ICW SmartReview in compare mode demonstrating this process in a multi-page PDF file.

Hope this helps,

Stephen Marsh

Attachments

• ICW SmartReview Test.pdf
    164.3 KB · Views: 244

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back