iProfiler Profiles and ORIS Tuner 5.5

Bill W

I know that Tuner 5.5 is a no longer supported product, but has anyone been able to use iProfiler profiles with color match in Tuner. I have tried different profile settings, with no success. Tuner crashes during write back portion after first dat table iteration (before printing first iteration chart).

I know that Tuner 5.5 is a no longer supported product, but has anyone been able to use iProfiler profiles with color match in Tuner. I have tried different profile settings, with no success. Tuner crashes during write back portion after first dat table iteration (before printing first iteration chart).

Hi Bill,
I take It you are using i1 profiler profiles as target? I have not used the combo you have but have you tried different Cmm in Color Tuner?

Johu, thank you. After reading your post, I searched Print Plant for Oris CMM and discovered that apparently ORIS recommends during install training to use the Adobe CMM. I do not remember any mention of CMM's when our Tuner was install many years ago and was not aware that I could change the CMM.

Using the Adobe CMM fixed the crash problem. I did a quick test using a 16 bit PM created profile and a 16 bit i1profiler created profile and found very little difference between the proofs printed using the 2 different CMM / creator flavors.

Thanks again.

Hi Bill,
I am glad that you found the solution. Adobe Cmm was not part of original Color Tuner installation package and as such it is not always mentioned. The result in CMYK to CMYK proofing with different Cmms is hardly visible, but to my understanding going RGB to CMYK it makes a difference due to better black point compensation in adobe Cmm. Anyway adobe Cmm is now the default Cmm in color tuner Web.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back