Is DTG (direct to garment) Technology discussions covered here in PrintPlanet?

I was impressed with Kornit at Printing United. Their sales reps were printing geeks/1st level support first and sales people second. Their entry level machine is $70,000 though. They provide much longer term support and parts supplies than some competitors. I don't know how the ink costs compare.

There are a lot of Facebook groups for various DTG vendors and you could use those to get a feel for the lifecycle and support experience based on other user's postings. If I were to get into the DTG business I would talk to Kornit first.

Our buying group has had several demos over the last few years from Anajet. They feature Ricoh machines and I would consider them if I was interested in yet another market channel. anajet And, of course, Epson sell DTG.

Thanks Guys. I know printing is core here in printplanet., but also wish to see other interesting things such as :
packaging | label printing | direct to garment | Internet of Things
Isaw Kornit samples say 3~4 yrs ago...by then resolution and gamut is not there yet, but knowing it's new models such as Kornit Atlas has CMYKRG+White.
so...hope someone can shine some light... or join the discussion here.
I would suggest focus on 5 area:
- financially — cost, ROI, efficiency, value thing;
- technically — printhead, ink, mechanic, rip
- web integration

but also wish to see other interesting things such as :
packaging | label printing |
Hi GC, we do talk about packaging and label printing here on PrintPlanet: there's a forum for each. If there's enough interest for DTG, it can also be added.

Thanks prwhite, just been away for too long and forgot about those...Not sure if Direct to Garment or Textile is something of interest.

This would be good time to discuss DTG. There's plenty of opportunities and profits are reasonable... Let's talk about it...

Hi Prepmaster, how you wanna start? Wanna be on board panel or define boundaries first? This forum is mostly technical, but I do suggest full scope if possible:
1). finance — investment, ROI, risk management
2). market — mkt need, mkt size, pain points...... what's the problem/how resolve it
3). technical —prep-rip-cms, printhead, mechanicals, ink

how you wanna start?
A DTG forum would be like any other. A Forum (like this one) is like a file cabinet with threads acting like drawers in the cabinet. Threads can contain any point of interest, all within the DTG forum.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back