iso12647-2 TVI

Davis.zhou

In ISO12647-2, different screen ruling (lpi) has its own TVI value.
However, in the standard just stated the TVI for 52cm-1, 60cm-1 (150lpi) and 70cm-1 (175lpi). If I want to print a job at 200lpi or higher, what is the suitable TVI value?

However, in the standard just stated the TVI for 52cm-1, 60cm-1 (150lpi) and 70cm-1 (175lpi). If I want to print a job at 200lpi or higher, what is the suitable TVI value?

Are you sure? The ISO12647-2 copy I have shows different TVI values based on one screen ruling - 60 lcm (Table 5 page 8 in my copy). The different TVI values are stated depending on positive or negative plates, and paper types based on a film workflow not on screen ruling.

thx, gordon p

Are you sure? The ISO12647-2 copy I have shows different TVI values based on one screen ruling - 60 lcm (Table 5 page 8 in my copy). The different TVI values are stated depending on positive or negative plates, and paper types based on a film workflow not on screen ruling.

thx, gordon p

Gordon,

Please see the attachment. Three different screen ruling were stated.

Attachments

• TVI-ISO 12647-2.jpg
    TVI-ISO 12647-2.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 158
Gordon,

Please see the attachment. Three different screen ruling were stated.

My chart matches the one above, but I believe the current approach is to target the same tone curve (typically the 60 line/cm) regardless of linescreen used. Also US implementation via Gracol is closer to curve B for CMY and curve C for K, while fogra is using curve A for CMY and curve b for K.

Bret

Hint: ISO 12647-2:2004 Annex B Figure B.1 and B.2 (together with Figure 2)

Martin Weberg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back