JetPlate Issues

I truly understand your frustrations... I have been helping JetPlate customers free of charge for almost a year now.... So excuse my displeasurable comments about a company that basically dropped all JetPlate customers and employees on their head... there are a few that bought systems that never ran 1 plate.... I also know that there are a few here that will help you, I am one of them... There are a few of my collegues here that will give you a substantial discount on their systems to help you out... I am just trying to inform people of the reality of this situation and to help people not make the same mistakes again... I made that machine shine in the shows, you should have seen the quality before I got there.... you also have to realyze, when you have NO resources you must make due with what you have... sort of a McGuyver approach... and to still be able to produce a press sheet in the shows that blew people away... *pat on the back* at least I did what I could for that company before the last owner killled it.... to bad... I enjoyed my time there.

To be clear about this whole thing with JetPlate, I am not unhappy with the system, now that I have installed a new print head in the 7600...
My issue is the ending supply of Kodak plates and nothing else, however if I can get the new system (4800 or 4880) I will do so and take advantage of AM screening.
Our system as it is now works great for our market here in IA.
Thanks for your comments!

Jim B

To be clear about this whole thing with JetPlate, I am not unhappy with the system, now that I have installed a new print head in the 7600...
My issue is the ending supply of Kodak plates and nothing else, however if I can get the new system (4800 or 4880) I will do so and take advantage of AM screening.
Our system as it is now works great for our market here in IA.
Thanks for your comments!

Jim B

Jim,

Yes there are satisfied users out there, I know of 40-50, I have been helping them. The fact of the matter is not the system, I built the system, I know what it is capable of.

As for you upgrading to the 4880/4800, your dongle is not compatible, (Unless you were lucky enough to get the 4800 dongle with the 7600 codes already purchased, there were a few older dongles that we upgraded) the am screening is adequate up about 133 DPI, but in the 80% to shadow end you will get plugging in the dot densities. The dongle upgrade would run you about $400.00 or $800.00 I believe. You need the JetPlateII plugin codes which these guys in this channel from Xitron can certainly help you with. You also need a newer rip version than the 7600 RIP. I have a copy I could get to you if you really want to pursue that route.

As for the plates I listed a few vendors in a previous response....

Horaaaay! Kodak plates came in today, enough to carry us to the end of December. This will give us some breathing room to try the VIM JT plates, I hope. Probally will turn around right away an order more Kodak plates for a 3-6 months buffer.
Life is Good, again.

Horaaaay! Kodak plates came in today, enough to carry us to the end of December. This will give us some breathing room to try the VIM JT plates, I hope. Probally will turn around right away an order more Kodak plates for a 3-6 months buffer.
Life is Good, again.

I'm glad to hear that Greentree. We're accepting orders for Craftsman until Dec. 15 - but keep in mind the internal processing time at your dealer too. Earlier is better, of course.

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin, we plan to order the 1st of November and again the 1st December to build our inventory.:p
I just wish Kodak could rethink this issue, the plates work so good for us.

Jim B.

Alternative plate for Jetplate and Pisces systems

Alternative plate for Jetplate and Pisces systems

As an alternative to the Craftsman plate, I can offer marking fluid for the IBF N2000 plate. You should be able to order the IBF plate through Xpedx. No need to change hardware -- the processing conditions are quite similar. The printer reliability and plate image quality should actually be better than for the Craftsman with the marking fluid formulation currently being sold.

For printers who have a stockpile or another source of Craftsman plates, I can offer an improved formulation of the Craftsman marking fluid. In 2002 while working for Pisces I developed the formulation for the Craftsman fluid currently being sold. In some environments it has reliability issues such as partial or complete clogging and deteriorating image quality over time. The new formulation should run indefinitely without reliability issues and have improved image quality. Calibration curves and processing conditions should be identical.

I'm setting up a website and will establish a business in the next few weeks. Please feel free to email me if you want more details.

David West

I don't know what the future holds but Dotworks has (had?) Craftsman compatible plates available as recently as September. They are also marketing a new machine called Tango that also uses the Epson engine. I'll post a separate thread to see if anyone has any knowledge about it.

Has anyone found another source for Jetplate marking and maintenance fluid. The costs charged by Jetplate are outrageous

A few other sources out there...

A few other sources out there...

Dave West - has fluid for the Crastman plate, a better fluid than JetPlate's original fluid. Made by the original Chemist. He also has a fluid for the IBF-N2000 plate currently in testing. He has posted on this site about this, do a search for jetplate and look through the threads you willl find him.

Spectracorp - they can be reached at SpectraCorp Talk with Richard Aram.

Hope this helps... ;)

OK everyone - I'm back after what, about 10 years? Amazing how far CTP has come since we first migrated Time and Newsweek back in the mid-90s!

Last week I unretired and took a position running prepress for a local printer/mailer. I inherited a JetPlate 4800, which, from what I read here today is not necessarily a good thing. It's definitely not a CREO, but it also didn't cost two arms and three legs!

It's having "issues", which seem to be processing-related, and I can't get JetPlate to answer the phone or my emails...

I was told that these "issues" started when Kodak modified plate production sometime earlier this year. It hasn't been used since then, which is probably going to be another set of problems, but for now, I'm curious if:

1. Anyone here has a special contact at JetPlate, and,
2. Has anyone had a similiar experience

I hope this forum is as helpful as it was way back when...

Hi Contact Mike at Xpressjet Phone: (813) 932 – 0876

I need help, I bought an used jetplate 3000 and I have an excellent offer to buy a jetplate 7600 system.

I want to know if you make the test with the conversion kit or the fluids from G&J ?

I missed the RIP in the shipping, can you give me a copy of the installation CD?

In the shipping the manuals was missed Do you have a copy of the user for the JP 64 Developer ?

Thanks a lot

[email protected]

Our sister division, Xitron, is the creator of the Navigator RIP used in the Jetplates. We have been able to help a number of the previous users as they need to migrate to a newer and more reliable CtP solution. I would be happy to help anyone who is interested.

Hello, I bought an used jetplate 3000 and I have an excellent offer to buy a jetplate 7600 system.

I want to know if you make the test with the conversion kit or the fluids from G&J ?

I missed the RIP in the shipping, can you give me a copy of the installation CD?

In the shipping the manuals was missed Do you have a copy of the user for the JP 64 Developer ?

Thanks a lot

[email protected]

Who are you "InkjetCTP_waste_of_money" if you are who I think you are, you are NOT totally innocent in the JetPlate demise.
And if you are the tech that worked on my system last December your follow thru and understanding of printers needs comes up short.
I hate to see the negative posts you make, this forum should be used to make a better world and not always tear down someone else.
Lets work together to make this work for those who cannot make the change to other systems for whatever reasons.

Jim B.

Hello, I bought an used jetplate 3000 and I have an excellent offer to buy a jetplate 7600 system.

Thanks a lot

[email protected]

Hi impremara515, I don't have a copy of RIP's installation CD - mine JP came without any documentations / CD's but assuming that someone can share it with you - it is useless without a dongle. If you are planning on converting to use G&J chemistry, user manual for Processor wont be handy as it is will not be used the was it ment to. Just out of curiosity, as you mentioned Jet Plate's 7600 system, are you referring to Ebay's famous MidWest Printing euipment?

Last edited:

Just as a reminder - because Kodak has discontinued the Craftsman Elite plate, I would highly encourage you to ensure you have a long-term supply of a suitable plate/fluid before making an investment in this type of equipment.

We're currently manufacturing and shipping the final orders of this product, and are accepting no further orders. I'm sorry for the impact this has on current JetPlate users, but unfortunately that was never a supported application of our product.

Kevin.

We are currently looking at the inkjet technology for our printing plates. At print 09 we saw VIM's version and it was alright. Is there anyone currently using their product and how is it working? Product availability? Tech support? I am waiting for them to contact me after a week or 2 of sending emails but still no response. Can I print a decent 150-175 line screen?
Regards
Brian

We are currently looking at the inkjet technology for our printing plates. At print 09 we saw VIM's version and it was alright. Is there anyone currently using their product and how is it working? Product availability? Tech support? I am waiting for them to contact me after a week or 2 of sending emails but still no response. Can I print a decent 150-175 line screen?
Regards
Brian

Did you stop by G&J's booth and check out the PlateWriter?
Use the contact page on the web site and arrange for some test plates.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back