Jura CTP, anyone familiar with it?

Do you use Jura CTP?
How reliable are these machines?

Thanks

Jura sells CTP for the security printing industry - i.e. super-high-res (10,000-12,000 dpi), superbly accurate, etc. If that's the market you're in, they're really the only game going.

These machines are based on specialized Kodak Trendsetter devices. The Trendsetter in itself is a solid workhorse. The feature a super-high-res version of our SQUAREspot technology to help them achieve all the security-printing features that are needed these days - for banknotes, bonds, checks, etc.

Jura JSP Home

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin, we have Trendsetter and love it, the best machine I've seen in prepress.
If you are not going all the way to 12000 dpi, there are other platesetters around for security printing, like 4000-6000 dpi segment, I just never heard of Jura so I wanted some feedback from users, if there are any on this forum.
Does Jura uses Creo Laser since they are mentioning "Square spot TM" which is Creo/Kodak thing?

Thanks Kevin, we have Trendsetter and love it, the best machine I've seen in prepress.
If you are not going all the way to 12000 dpi, there are other platesetters around for security printing, like 4000-6000 dpi segment, I just never heard of Jura so I wanted some feedback from users, if there are any on this forum.
Does Jura uses Creo Laser since they are mentioning "Square spot TM" which is Creo/Kodak thing?

I'd love to hear feedback from any Jura (Kodak Security CTP) users out there too... but I'm afraid most of them are "spooky" types. :) The security printing industry is usually pretty tight-lipped and secretive.

To answer your question on SQUAREspot - yes, they use Kodak (originally Creo) SQUAREspot technology - a very special version that's even higher resolution. Jura is the exclusive sales/distribution channel for our security CTP systems, because they supply all the specialized software and design tools, plus the unique support needed for that industry.

Kevin.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back