KM Bizhub C8000

Hi,

A KM sale rep recently asked me to check out the Konica Minolta C8000. The specs look great, the print looks just like offset. I'd like to ask if anyone have any feed back on this - any past experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Hi,

A KM sale rep recently asked me to check out the Konica Minolta C8000. The specs look great, the print looks just like offset. I'd like to ask if anyone have any feed back on this - any past experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

For: print quality is superb, we have a lot of photographers that use us and there isn't anything else close to it for the money.

Against: it's a pig to keep running. You need a really good operator and a good service engineer, even then count on plenty of down time.

The older 6501s are not as good print quality, but they are real workhorses compared with the c8000.

Hi,

Thanks

John

WE have two Konica 8000. for the most part fairly good machines. you will need to make sure your local dealer has good service guys though. they will be there once a week or so, usually a pretty easy fix but still need good service people. One frustration we have is with 2 machines they never are the same color. no rep has been able to make them print the same exact color. sometimes that is good. certain jobs have to be ran on certain machines. if you are looking at a way to save money but run good stuff the 8000 is probably a good choice. our next machine will be something faster though. maybe an I gen. good luch

John,

There are a lot of variables in what makes for a great fit in digital print production. Complementing offset production versus statement rendering share only 4 color process as common thread.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] for a discussion in detail about our experiences and expectations.

Our company president did about a year of research and talked to well over 100 of our current customers before deciding to become a KM dealer and sell the 8000 as part of our offerings...yes, digital presses break down about once a week. That is the nature of these things and yes, it's the service and systems support that makes the biggest difference, but there IS NO better press out there for the price. This is from 20+ years in the business including time at Canon and Oce and working with KMs and seeing them push out Xerox and Ricoh time and time again...mostly on cost and equal quality.

Thanks, Justin. I can find any number of stories like this on any printer I want, all I have to do is look. It's like anything...if I want to find good news I will find it, if I want to find bad news, I will find it.

We have had a C7000 for about two months now. We have some setup issues but so far we are very happy. We are moving from a Xerox 700 and their are certainly many improved features going to the Fiery over the Freeflow. We have very little in major failures, colour seems to be brighter than what Xerox produced. We have been running our 2014 calendars and it is being very consistent in its colors.

Two months is not much of a test period but so far we think it is better than the other options.

yep, they break down a lot, but they do print well, we have the techs out sometimes 3 times a week, its a pity they cant make digital "presses" feed paper like a real press, I still dont understand why no copier manufacter has copied the gripper and lay system from a printing press.

I always thought it is because they straddle multiple markets with these devices. Some customers like print for pays would like a press like feed system but some customers like in house print centers would prefer the drawer based systems where they can have multiple paper sources. I would like to see a 3rd party make a press like cutsheet feed unit you could get as an option like Lasermax does with roll feed.

I always thought it is because they straddle multiple markets with these devices. Some customers like print for pays would like a press like feed system but some customers like in house print centers would prefer the drawer based systems where they can have multiple paper sources. I would like to see a 3rd party make a press like cutsheet feed unit you could get as an option like Lasermax does with roll feed.

For a digital press that can collate I prefer drawers. I can print covers, tabs, etc in line. I can also switch from job to job a lot faster which is important to me because my average run is about 15min. And the average turn around is 24 hours so I don't have the ability to schedule and gang-up runs.

I guess what I can't figure out is why it seems like KM and Ricoh (and Xerox?) are still setting paper registration at the drawers. My imagepress 7000vp sets the registration about 5" before it passes through the imaging unit, so I never have bounce or registration issues. The machine doesn't even have fine settings for adjusting the paper within the drawers, because it does all the squaring in the imaging unit.

I guess what I can't figure out is why it seems like KM and Ricoh (and Xerox?) are still setting paper registration at the drawers. My imagepress 7000vp sets the registration about 5" before it passes through the imaging unit, so I never have bounce or registration issues. The machine doesn't even have fine settings for adjusting the paper within the drawers, because it does all the squaring in the imaging unit.

With Xerox it depends on the box. Some have a registration area before imaging like the 8080, 800, 1000 iGen. The C75/J75 boxes do not but my registration has been perfect on the C75.

That depends on the machine. The 751 and 901 from Ricoh work like you are describing the canon. The lower end stuff lead edge is set just before imaging but front and rear are set but the trays. I'm sure it's all about how big the machine can be and how much it can cost.

yep, they break down a lot, but they do print well, we have the techs out sometimes 3 times a week, its a pity they cant make digital "presses" feed paper like a real press, I still dont understand why no copier manufacter has copied the gripper and lay system from a printing press.

I think MGI did just that a while ago to a KM 6500 engine...

Lots of thanks to you guys.

I'd like to have it after considering all the feedback but for one thing: we're hunkering down, so no money for any new equipment.

John

John we just aquired a c8000 had it for about 2 months,color is just as good as the Igen 4 my previuos machine.we have had new machine trouble which is normal but since working the bugs out ,i cant complain and its much cheaper,than the xerox machine.

Hi - I'm a designer and am looking to print magazines and catalogues in house to save on printing costs. My partner and I have done a bit of research and are looking at the 8000. When getting quotes for this machine there seems to be ALOT of variance (even with same specs). I'm wondering if someone can give me a ballpark on what this machine should cost new? Being inexperienced in this domain, are we crazy to be considering this? Thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi - I'm a designer and am looking to print magazines and catalogues in house to save on printing costs. My partner and I have done a bit of research and are looking at the 8000. When getting quotes for this machine there seems to be ALOT of variance (even with same specs). I'm wondering if someone can give me a ballpark on what this machine should cost new? Being inexperienced in this domain, are we crazy to be considering this? Thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Call me Monday for pricing 301-675-2691. If you're considering an 8000 this will be the last call you need to make...guaranteed!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back