KM C6000 Image shifts after running about hundred sheets

ErnieLail

We have an odd problem with out c6000. We will get the job set up and being running, after about 100 sheets the back image will shift 3/16" intermittently. Sometimes it will do it for 10 sheets straight, sometimes every other sheet. We havent stopped the job mid run or anything. It just alternates from printing in the correct position, to shifting the image (side to side, not lead to tail) 3/16"

The tech came and turned off the centering position sensor and it did the same thing. After 100 sheets it starting shifting again.

He then turned it back on (i guess to see if it magically fixed it), and it didnt the same thing.

Has anyone ran into this before, or know how to fix this?

We have a contract, but we dont seem to be getting anywhere with our techs.

I am not sure what the newer components are on the 6000, but we had this initially with the CS650 and 665 (Océ version). For ours, it was an issue in the high cap feed with tray alignment and (if I recall correctly) a bad board that controls those trays. It was always a 5mm shift - not varying amounts but a hard jump and intermittent in the run.

Last edited:
I am not sure what the newer components are on the 6000, but we had this initially with the CS650 and 665 (Océ version). For ours, it was an issue in the high cap feed with tray alignment and (if I recall correctly) a bad board that controls those trays. It was always a 5mm shift - not varying amounts but a hard jump and intermittent in the run.

Thanks for the reply, i tried running from tray one and the problem was fixed. We definitely have a problem with our high capacity trays.

turns out both high capacity trays werent effected. The problematic tray was alternating between saying it was 12x18 & 16K paper sizes. That was causing the shifts. A tech came and reset the guide mechanism and all is better. Thanks for the input! I didnt think it had anything to do with the trays themselves!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back