KM6500 - Odd fiery issue?

We're having an odd fiery issue we're trying to figure out. We're working on some pretty run of the mill staple packets, black only, two sides. The one I'm currently running is 50 pgs, 25 sheets and we have 3000 to run. We send a group of 250 sets and it will run 16 sets, then stop. It displays "Ready to Print" on the command screen on the machine, but in our fiery workstation it shows the job is still printing, just not advancing it's count. All we can do is cancel the job and send it again. It will run another 16 sets, then same thing.

We've had similar issues lately with other projects, and depending on the page counts it stops at different places, but does it consistently. We're also finding that if it stops for paper or toner, it loses track of what it's doing and will keep printing, but no longer collating or stapling.

Our tech has been trying to figure this out for a bit, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I'm thinking it has to be a rip/fiery issue and to me it almost seems like a memory error, but we have 50 gig of free space and a gig of ram on the fiery itself and the file we're working with is only 9mb.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back