Konica Minolta 6500 - Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we are getting somewhere

Now we are getting somewhere

Well Random that was what I was looking for. I have replaced the entire reg unit but I will definitely take a look at the pressure on the springs. You know I think you have alot of knowledge and experience that could be useful to the other participants. The challenge maybe just getting it out of you.

Most of paper is precut. We run a DI and have no registration issues. That is why I am confident it is not the paper. We also run 2 x 1050's that have no registration issues.
My highest month ever on a 1050 was 2 million.

Thank you for the tip on the springs. I will let you know how I make out.

Registration

Registration

Well Random's tip corrected our wandering registration. We are now consistantly achieving under .5 mm movement on all stocks. My only battle left is the 1-2mm skew on the duplex. I have tried the chart adjustment but without success.

My toner coverage for the last 100k is just under 20% per colour.

Gotta LOVE that Konica-Minolta Quality LOL

2mm?? Yowser dude! Hope you're selling flyers and lots of "copy" work because with a 2mm shift that's what you bought, A Copier.

If the chart adjustment does not work then the sheet must be moving during the run. Things I would be looking at from a technical perspective.

Does it do it on all stocks.
Does it do it from all trays.
Is the first side worse than second or are they the same.
If you were to manually duplex would you get the same result.
Holding you sheet portrait are the verticle lines square but the horizontal skew (use centering chart).
The registration unit has a skew adjustment at the back, is this in it's center.
To the very right of the ADU there are two white idle rollers they are both in good contact with the rubber rollers.

Random, would humidity levels or excessively dry paper have anything to do with it? Just wondering if it couldn't be do to shrinkage of the paper? I know I had a sheet from Soporset that would not duplex in my Ricoh B/W for crap. They (manufacture) said it was due to a low moisture content in the sheet, changed to a different brand and it was fixed.

Possibly but usually that doesn't cause skew it is more of a maginifaction problem that the chart adjustment accounts for. The quick test here is to print a sheet and compare it to an unprinted sheet.

Totally agree, the Imagepress is a good machine, but at what cost?? The Bizhub C6500 has been successfully profiled to the 7000 to a 99.9% match. For my money, I would prefer to have 3 6500's versus the price of the imagepress

Totally agree, the Imagepress is a good machine, but at what cost?? The Bizhub C6500 has been successfully profiled to the 7000 to a 99.9% match. For my money, I would prefer to have 3 6500's versus the price of the imagepress

That's probably the number you would need to match productivity in the long run, especially with stocks in the 220-300gsm range.

The KM 6500 is inconsistent. Over long runs the colors fade. Service is spotty......

The 8000AP panels are pale and I don't like how they feel.

Seriously, unless you are going to back up a statement don't bother. Of all the machines we talk about the c6500 is the least likely to fade so please, qualify your comments

The 8000AP panels are pale and I don't like how they feel.

Seriously, unless you are going to back up a statement don't bother. Of all the machines we talk about the c6500 is the least likely to fade so please, qualify your comments

WHY? Customer perception IS reality.

If I'm signing the lease and I think the K-M6501 colors fade then you know what? They fade as it's MY signature on the lease.

Doesn't matter what anyone else says. Great Color is in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:
Being a veteren of this forum I have found that someone will actually go to the effort of registering make a random comment as above. I will offer help to resolve the issue but strangly when it to comes down to the nuts and bolts they vanish. This dropping effect happens on business machines and is not a problem in this machine.

Allnightnyc might be back I very much doubt it. Even if he does come back he won't be able to qualify his problem because it doesn't exist unless there is a major problem with his machine.

That's right Random, all 6500/6501 problems are due to operator errors or poor service. All problems are non-problems..... OMG that Konica Minolta Kool-Aid is good!!!!!

Being a veteren of this forum I have found that someone will actually go to the effort of registering make a random comment as above. I will offer help to resolve the issue but strangly when it to comes down to the nuts and bolts they vanish. This dropping effect happens on business machines and is not a problem in this machine.

Allnightnyc might be back I very much doubt it. Even if he does come back he won't be able to qualify his problem because it doesn't exist unless there is a major problem with his machine.

Must be wonderful to be arrogant enough to dismiss customer concerns out of hand.

Like I sad it's his/her signature on the lease. NOT YOURS!

Ever stop to thnk that maybe the poster might have gotten the ONE bad K-M product ever made?

@Random, remember - DNFTT (Do Not Feed The Trolls). Fight that temptation! Remember what you said about pit bulls?

Shall we let this thread die now? Maybe then if someone genuinely needs help with a KM6500 or 01 they could start a new one? With an actual problem description?

Ever stop to thnk that maybe the poster might have gotten the ONE bad K-M product ever made?

Yes I am happy to beleave that. If he comes back on and specifys his problem in detail. Otherwise it's just another xerox rep trying to befudle the conversation.

KM 6500 Thoughts

KM 6500 Thoughts

Enough is enough with those that feels it's necessary to attack people personally when people state their opinion (blog bullies). I was just sharing my experience from one PRINTER to another. I remind you this thread started with "Anyone have any really good things to say about this machine, or bad things for that matter???". It did not start with "post your problems and be ready to defend yourself from some arrogant pundit". I don't have to qualify my problems, I have a service team for that. I don't want your help and I wasn't coming here to ask for it. I came here looking for real information from printers not the cool-aid drinkers who sell and service these machines. I will also add that I am not endorsing any particular machines, Canon, Xerox or KM. You should look at everyone equally. I only have this KM product for digital printing. I also drive a Chrysler, its not the nicest car on the street but it's cheap and does the job.

Next Topic Please.......

***** I don't have to disclose that I work for a manufacturer and came here to spread my opinion even though I don't know the first thing about running a printing business.

I've noticed the same thing in the digital printing forum.

Although since I'm a n00b when it comes to digital printing, I'm to keeping an open mind to both the positive and negative posts about equipment. I honestly don't want to hear nothing but positive things.

I want the dirt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back