Konica Minolta 6501

Ubertech,

I have to have my 5 cents worth here...
I've been reading numerous posts over the past year to do with the KM6500/6501 and I am horrified by the lack of understanding out there in the field. We have a 6500 + 6501, and have printed over 4 million clicks in just over 2 years, these are great machines if you understand how to get the best out of them, and we are getting outstanding results using a combination of Dot 1 or Dot 2 Type 2 etc, coated or uncoated stock.

But my real point is - hats off to you for such a great attitude over all this time, you patiently try and help everybody, no funny remarks - well done.

It was your advice about Dot 2 type 2 that changed our print shop - thank you, keep it up.

James.

Ubertech,

I have to have my 5 cents worth here...
I've been reading numerous posts over the past year to do with the KM6500/6501 and I am horrified by the lack of understanding out there in the field. We have a 6500 + 6501, and have printed over 4 million clicks in just over 2 years, these are great machines if you understand how to get the best out of them, and we are getting outstanding results using a combination of Dot 1 or Dot 2 Type 2 etc, coated or uncoated stock.

But my real point is - hats off to you for such a great attitude over all this time, you patiently try and help everybody, no funny remarks - well done.

It was your advice about Dot 2 type 2 that changed our print shop - thank you, keep it up.

James.

hi i just bought a km 6501 last month and have done 100k already, everything is going good but i read your statement bout the dot 1
etc and was wondering if you could explain or paste a link were this was explained?
As i have found out dot 1 is better for gradients, but im still daping on the other setting, if you could explain on the dot 1 type 1 coated uncoated would be great! Thanks

Using Larger dot pattern

Using Larger dot pattern

Try this setting on the machine:-

Utility -> Machine Admin Setting -> System Setting -> Expert Adjust -> Quality Adjust -> Custom screen -> set DOT2 pattern to type 2.

Then print your job using Dot 2 from the printer driver, you will see that the machine produces a larger Dot, but we've found that this gives us a much greater flexibility for jobs, if you want to go finer, then switch back to Dot 1 in the print driver.

Good Luck! (We recalibrate the machine using Dot 2 - tend to find it gives us better results overall)

James.

any ideas on the finisher elevator?

any ideas on the finisher elevator?

We have the FS-503 with an "elevator" tray too. I just looked it up, and according to the book it does 3,000 sheets. But it doesn't, it holds a small lift (few inches?) stops the machine and demands to be emptied.

Any KM techs out there with an answer?

Anyone? Bueller Bueller?

We have some registration issue in C6501. Everything are fine when I have Adjustment duplex, and when I print "grayscale" sheets,

but when I print color sheet (same tray, same paper, same file...) I have 1mm shift. I print in 13x19 paper (max.paper dimension). Somebody know?

Last edited:
Print the same file in b&w and then colour then measure the paper. You will probably find the colour sheet is shorter by 1/2 a mm as the extra toner has shrunk the page more. For high coverage work you will have to adjust the horizontal magnification to account for this.

Bizhead 6501 or LD 6501?

Bizhead 6501 or LD 6501?

We are in the process of buying one digital printer, but feel are being misled by different guys.
Could anyone throw light on the difference between a bizhead 6501 and LD 6501?
What would be the price? running cost?

Print the same file in b&w and then colour then measure the paper. You will probably find the colour sheet is shorter by 1/2 a mm as the extra toner has shrunk the page more. For high coverage work you will have to adjust the horizontal magnification to account for this.

No, sheet is not shorter after printing.

We only have this for now: In Command WStation we wrote for Image shift 1 or 2 mm shift when we print color sheet. That helps, and now we have duplex adjustment right, but I wonder what will be, when we print duplex documents with color and grayscale pages?

Apart from this situation that was resolved, but confused as, everything works very, very well

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back