Label Software for Variable Data to sheets

gazfocus

I know bartender can use variable data csv files to generate barcodes etc but it only works for rolls of labels as far as I can see.

Is there anything similar that can output to multiple labels on a sheet?

Jet Letter's PSL Page Builder Pro can generate labels for most any type of format. Sheet fed or roll. Most any size sheet. The software can generate barcodes. Merge records at high speed to accommodate more demanding needs.

www.jetletter.net

Full disclosure, I am associated with Jet Letter.

Jet Letter's PSL Page Builder Pro can generate labels for most any type of format. Sheet fed or roll. Most any size sheet. The software can generate barcodes. Merge records at high speed to accommodate more demanding needs.

www.jetletter.net

Full disclosure, I am associated with Jet Letter.
Sorry I fell over laughing when I saw the prices on your website :eek:

I know bartender can use variable data csv files to generate barcodes etc but it only works for rolls of labels as far as I can see.

Is there anything similar that can output to multiple labels on a sheet?

Many, many, options but you'll need the applicable barcode font and the ability to 'layout' the sheet correctly.
Everything from a mailmerge in (shudder) Microsoft Word to merge documents in Indesign to Filemaker Pro to name a few.
They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

We use FusionPro to accomplish what you are asking. But I know XMPie could do it to. And I'm sure there are many others out there too. Might even be able to do something like that with Avery Label Software, depending on size of label and sheet.

MS word can do it but for speed and ease of use, not so much. Tell us what is the game plan here? What are you doing it for and whats the volume?

Thanks for the replies.

The main requirement is to produce a new type of labels for products we send to Amazon fulfilment centres. Each individual label needs to have a unique 2D barcode that is generated from a csv file obtained from Amazon. In addition, it needs a standard barcode, and other static date. For every label generated, the 2D barcode needs to be read from the next row in the csv file.

We have purchased BarTender as someone mentioned that it might allow you to output to sheets so I will give it a go (we needed it anyway to drive our new memjet printer). I will update this thread if I manage to accomplish it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back