Link art to text

jminrod

Does anyone know a way to link a picture box to text, so if the text reflows in columns the art would follow the header. I believe I seen a tutorial doing this but it may have been InDesign

In line picture. I know you can do it in InDesign but no idea about Quark since I no longer use it.

Does anyone know a way to link a picture box to text, so if the text reflows in columns the art would follow the header. I believe I seen a tutorial doing this but it may have been InDesign

What? Are you talking about copying and pasting a graphic into text?

If so, just copy (or cut) the graphic with the Item Tool (the 4 pointy thing) change to the Content Tool (the hand & cursor thing) and paste it where you want to (slightly different in XPress 8).

In line picture. I know you can do it in InDesign but no idea about Quark since I no longer use it.

When did you "use it"? This feature has been around since version 3! (1990!!).

When I am forced to use Quark, it is for outputting customer files to PDF only. All Design work is done using InDesign. Also I never needed to use an inline picture in Quark, and for that matter never saw one used in any Quark file I've received.

When I am forced to use Quark, it is for outputting customer files to PDF only. All Design work is done using InDesign. Also I never needed to use an inline picture in Quark, and for that matter never saw one used in any Quark file I've received.

So why comment on this thread? Bizarre!

So why comment on this thread? Bizarre!

Nothing odd about it. Read the original post. "I seen a tutorial doing this but it may have been InDesign"
Just confirming was all. BTW what R you the new Mod here? Or are you just feeling chipper today?

Nothing odd about it. Read the original post. "I seen a tutorial doing this but it may have been InDesign"
Just confirming was all. BTW what R you the new Mod here? Or are you just feeling chipper today?

So me making a comment makes me the new "mod"? Interesting!!

I thought it bizarre because it's a forum for QuarkXPress, the OP asked about doing something in QuarkXPress and you write to say that you have no idea how to do it because you don't know anything about QuarkXPress!

Seemed like a waste of time to me!

Actually, I might start doing it myself. Is there a forum for Microsoft Access around these parts? I know jack-shit about that, but...

Thanks Eddie, It was that simple. I was helping an associate out and didn't have time to trouble shoot it because we had two hot jobs in house. They told me that it wasn't working but later in the week I had them show me what they where doing and it was working. Thanks again for your time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back