Lino330 help PLEASE!!!

McCabe Printing

We have a Linotronic 330 that we use for making negs. Long story short is that on Friday it worked fine, come Monday, I cannot print to it. It was moved approx a foot backwards on Friday afternoon, but nothing over the weekend. I use a Torrent NT RIP from Highwater and is connected via LI-2 cable from Highwater card to lino. The RIP freezes for several minutes when I enable output and then gives error message "Imagesetter not acknowledging start of job" but the lino immediately gives error message "LI2 > sender not opr". I don't know if it's a problem with the lino (test runs fine) or the program or the cable?
Any ideas please??
:confused:

Is there also a parallel cable that runs between the controller (the NT Box) and the Lino ? That may have become loose when it was moved.

agree with michaelejahn about the cable.
Make sure cables are not hanging from connectors because they are quite heavy (and after so manyyyyy years, the female connector pins are a little bit "expanded").
Tie them up, so they are vertical to lino surface.

The LI2 runs straight from the PC to the Lino so there is no need for the LI5. I ordered a new LI2 connector and hopefully it will fix the problem. The pins all look fine to me as does the cord, but could a wire inside have snapped? It is a rather old cable...and definately not a cheap "printer" cable to replace.
Fingers crossed, will let you know if it works!
And thank you for replying!

I do not have experience with lino 330 with external RIP, so I do not know what is the cable or PC/MAC card you are using.

The signal "Imagesetter not acknowledging start of job" you mention, is definitely a signal (one digital line, probably transfered by two cables as a differential signal), transfered from the lino to the rip.

The lino itself runs successfully the tests, so the "start of job" signal exists somewhere inside lino and either not transmitted or not received by RIP.

If cable didn't do a change, I would check the RIP with it's card interface.
Can you send more info and maybe photos of the RIP card used to communicate with the lino?
(there are some electronic components that can fail when connect/disconnect cables without proper grounding with power disconnected).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back