linotronic 560 slow printing

marvinate

Hi guys,

I have a lino 560 imagesetter with rip 50. when i send a job the imagesetter receives it ok but it takes a very long time imaging/printing. Anyone has any idea what i am doing wrong? And will appreciate any help. thanks

We are helpless for you without your output of real ripping time, file siize, etc...
Your statement is very foggy, man.

Are you running at 2540, color separation mode, AppleTalk, EPS's, rotated EPS's with clipping paths, which program are you printing from? Need lots of details.

I still have an old 560 lying around, so hopefully I can be of some help. First question is did it suddenly stop ripping fast and slow down, or is it always this way? Are you sending it PDF version 1.3 or Postscript files? Postscript is different from EPS (Encapsulated Post script) and the rip will handle them different. You also must remember that rip 50 has less processing power than today's dumb phones. The resolution of the output doesn't change the rip time. The complexity of the job will also effect the rip time. If you think the rip is faulty you can always turn it to the test setting and let it produce a test file and see if it images fine.

Your problem may be the RIP 50 that you have. It is PostScript Level 2 and very, very slow. Send me a PM with the detailed description of the job that you are printing and I will get my engineer involved in helping you.

I still have an old 560 lying around, so hopefully I can be of some help. First question is did it suddenly stop ripping fast and slow down, or is it always this way? Are you sending it PDF version 1.3 or Postscript files? Postscript is different from EPS (Encapsulated Post script) and the rip will handle them different. You also must remember that rip 50 has less processing power than today's dumb phones. The resolution of the output doesn't change the rip time. The complexity of the job will also effect the rip time. If you think the rip is faulty you can always turn it to the test setting and let it produce a test file and see if it images fine.

Hi,

i am not sure if the rip is faulty or not. i dont get any error codes. it was ripping ok and suddenly started slowing down. the job get sent ok to the rip but i guess the problem is the rip sending it to the imagesetter to print. i am sending postscript files. any ideas? thanks

It may be that the art is very complex. As it is a PostScript level 2 RIP it is going to be limited in speed. I'd need to see the art to get a sense of its complexity.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back