load turner/perf attachment

Bill Rothwell

i'm looking for a load turner for paper, anybody have any sugestions on what type or manufacturerer is better? what to stay away from?
i'm also looking for a perf attachment for my 4color heidelberg perfector. anyone have any info on using the per attachment?

Bill, Rotek and Samzon seems to be OK, if your buying new i wouldnt Really buy the Air Blast Option as i doubt you will use it, Some may disagree...

What heidi Do you have that you want to add a perf to?

I am open to both aspects, I was looking through the press manual and found that heidelberg has a perfing devise that fits onto the last unit of my 4 color perfector. this would allow me to print all 4 units and perf in line. the other alternative I loose 1 unit. just trying to weigh out what may be the best way to go. i have contacted heidelberg about the devise but they have not gotten back to me as of yet. If you have any info. on either please let me know your opinions. Thanks, Bill

Bill,
I am not familiar with the perf attachment from Heidelberg, but most of those
units can only do vertical and horizontal perfs (no L shapes ), while the systems mentioned in
my previouse post are much more flexible and let you die cut and kiss cut as well.
But your right, you wouldn't be able to print in one of the units.

You can click on the links in my earlier post or go to the websites below for more
information.
www.offset-diecutting.com
www.hsboyd.com

frank, thanks for your input. I'll check out the web sites. you are right,the heidelberg perf device only perfs around the cylinder and from what i have read in the manual, you remove the drum cylinder at the last unit impression and then you install these wheels that have perfs on them. It also has the draw back that you can only perf between the grippers coming off the last unit. doing this, you have to have your prep/plate dept. be aware so that they lay out the job to compensate. i'm still waiting to get a price from heidelberg on the device. most of our perfs are around the cylinder.
thanks again for your help, Bill

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back