looking for a new machine

I think in light of some of the stuff I hear about both machines I would advise you to refresh your thoughts away from price and now move towards service and support. You've nailed the price down and KM looks to be that way to go on paper, but at some point (very soon) you'll need service. Which one is best equipped in your area to fill the service roll? Find out how many 6501 or 700 are installed in your area. See if one of the vendors will guarantee a tech at your door in X hours.

Crappy service and support will last a lot longer than the joy of a great price.

I think in light of some of the stuff I hear about both machines I would advise you to refresh your thoughts away from price and now move towards service and support. You've nailed the price down and KM looks to be that way to go on paper, but at some point (very soon) you'll need service. Which one is best equipped in your area to fill the service roll? Find out how many 6501 or 700 are installed in your area. See if one of the vendors will guarantee a tech at your door in X hours.

Crappy service and support will last a lot longer than the joy of a great price.

Yes, I've check that part too. I've called some shop with those kind of equipment and it seems they are about the same. So there is not much winners for that part. They are about even.

this looks like a no brainer ... I honestly can't find a way to justify the price difference. it's amazing!

this looks like a no brainer ... I honestly can't find a way to justify the price difference. it's amazing!

so your vote go for KM?

Does the print quality (colour and B&W) could justify the price difference? If I use heavier stock, does the KM will be as good as the Xerox? I'm just trying to justify the price difference...

I'm going out on a limb because I have not paid much attention to the Xerox 700. I can tell you the KM has a lot of plastic on the insides, hence the name fast plastic for these types of devices. If the Xerox 700 is anything like my 8000AP then there is almost no plastic all metal, much broader paper paths for less jamming, just a much heavier machine. Look at the weight specs between the two print engines and see if there is much of a difference.

As for Xerox Service, we won the JD Powers Award for Service 3 years in a row… so I think that says a lot.

That's not really saying much at all. JD Power and Associates is a privately owned for profit company that makes the bulk of it's revenue charging other companies for its reports. Most of these private award givers will also charge the recipient to receive their reward although they're not blasting that information on their website.

in my opinion konica is best. Because you have to take plenty of work. Konica printers are more reliable for commercial purpose.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back