looking for a new machine

ok, now some news...

I've saw the Xerox 700, KM 6501 and KM5501. After checking everything you all said, I will go with the KM5501. The main reason of this is the price of the press. I would prefer the Xerox 700, but for me and my use it doesn't worth the 30k$ difference. Remember that this machine will be a ''side line'' for my business. I'm not willing to spend 65k$ on the xerox. I think the KM 5501 will be a good basic production printer and will be able to handle the 65k clic per month.

So thank you all for your help!

Ben

Good luck, I still think I would have taken the KM6501 over the 5501, your "sideline" more than likely will become more than that in the near future once you open up the "digital doors".

Good luck, I still think I would have taken the KM6501 over the 5501, your "sideline" more than likely will become more than that in the near future once you open up the "digital doors".

ok, now I'm waiting for the financement approval. There is two guys who told me that the KM 6501 and KM 5501 will be discontinued very soon. Is that right? If yes, when?

I've told to the Xerox rep that I will go with KM because mainly on the price. The xerox 700 was 65k$ and the KM 5501 33k$ (KM6501 36k$). So for half the price, I will go with KM. Then he told me he can offer me a Xerox 260 that can compete with the KM 5501. What do you think of this? For the same price, do I take a KM 5501 or a Xerox 260?

Thanks again for your help.

Ben

I would hope UberTech would chime in here with regards to the 6501 being discontinued (I doubt it will be).

I'd still go with the 6501 regardless. It covers both the price point and the option to greatly increase you volume in the future. Coming from someone on his 7th color device, believe me it will grow into more than you are anticipating.

Im not aware of anything other than the c8000. Which doesn't mean much as the C8000 release was complete surprise to me.

New machine in the pipeline or not that is a totally insane price for a c6501. Is this a dealer or KM? CHECK SERVICE REFERENCES.

Is this a dealer or KM? CHECK SERVICE REFERENCES.

Yes, those price are from KM directly and they are new machine. Not used or demo. What is the ''normal'' price for the KM 6501 and KM 5501?

So If I understand, I should still go with the KM 6501 or KM 5501 before a Xerox 260?

I am assuming you will be leasing and NOT buying outright. If not then I do understand the cost.... but in the grand scheme of things it's still VERY worth the $3000 to get a beefier piece of equipment, especially if you are buying, that way it will last as long as you hope.

I am assuming you will be leasing and NOT buying outright. If not then I do understand the cost.... but in the grand scheme of things it's still VERY worth the $3000 to get a beefier piece of equipment, especially if you are buying, that way it will last as long as you hope.

I understand that. But yes, I will buy it not a lease.

But my question was the KM c5501 vs Xerox 260. For the same price, what do you take?

Well if the DC260 is anything like our DC250 then I would only buy it if they threw in a corgi trouser press to flatten some of the very curly card that it chucks out from time to time.

Ok, just got an offer form Xerox. What would you choose:

-Xerox 700= 51k$
-KM 6501= 37k$

Does the 14k$ worth it? If yes, why?

Thanks.

Ben

What are the click costs on each machine?

Monthly Leases are going to be approx:
Xerox 700 $1071
KM 6501 $777

$294 difference

Say if you run 50,000 p/m, if the Xerox was more the $0.005 cheaper (so the difference between 3.5 and 4p) then you'd have your money back... if you're doing 100k then the difference only needs to be half that.

Last edited:
What are the click costs on each machine?

Monthly Leases are going to be approx:
Xerox 700 $1071
KM 6501 $777

$294 difference

Say if you run 50,000 p/m, if the Xerox was more the $0.005 cheaper (so the difference between 3.5 and 4p) then you'd have your money back... if you're doing 100k then the difference only needs to be half that.

both price per click will be the same: 0,07$ color and 0,01$ BW. With a maximum increase of 3% in 5 years. Does those prices sound good?

Ok, just got an offer form Xerox. What would you choose:

-Xerox 700= 51k$
-KM 6501= 37k$

Does the 14k$ worth it? If yes, why?

Thanks.

Ben

I can't believe KM keeps dropping their prices!
No wonder their Financial Performance keeps declining; Profits declined 78% YOY in the last year (check their financial statements).

Are the click charges based on 8.5x11 or just per click? In other words is the 11x17 and 12x18 the same price as the 8.5x11? Make sure they are the same because for me it's one click no matter what size sheet I run.

Are the click charges based on 8.5x11 or just per click? In other words is the 11x17 and 12x18 the same price as the 8.5x11? Make sure they are the same because for me it's one click no matter what size sheet I run.

yes. the price per click are the same for any size. Like you said, a click is a click no matter what the size.

ok, so I would like to know your answer for this question. Witch one do I take? My main jobs will be making booklets. 40% of the jobs will be B&W, and I will make around 65k click per month. I need a very good quality in both B&W and colour. I'm buying the printer not a loan.

-Xerox 700 + oversized hight capacity feeder + interface module + light production finisher + booklet maker. Price= 51k$
-KM C6501 + oversized hight capacity feeder (LU-202) + sadle sticher (FS-607). Price= 27k$

Price per click are exactly the same for both of them. This is my first production printer and I want to make the good choice.

What do you take and why?

Thanks!

If you can get the c6501 with a SD-501 rather than a FS-607 then go for it. It is the best online booklet maker in the market.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back