Looking for a very small inkjet printer that can handle heavy paper

Kees

Hello all,
I am looking for a (very) small printer that can print on heavy cardboard, 250 to 280 grams. I am thinking of an office printer, for example an all in one inkjet. However, there are a lot of different printers for sale, some say they can print on 280 grams (in the laser printers I have not found anything). Has anyone a tip? The most important is that the thing must be able to print on as heavy as possible paper. I need such a printer to make dummy's with on the actual board, printing quality is not that important.
Thanx for replying!
Kees

Hello Arossetti,
Yes I mean card stock or heavy paper, such as invercote or trucard, instead of carton.

Hello Arossetti,
Yes I mean card stock or heavy paper, such as invercote or trucard, instead of carton.

We produce plenty of packaging dummies on 300gsm Trucard, but these are printed on our KM8000: niether inkjet nor small.

I'm not sure that you will find an office printer that will do this. The best inkjet bet is probably something like an Epson R3000 or 4900, which will print on boards up to 1.5mm, but I suspect that it won't produce good print on a standard graphical board. Alternatively, one of the Memjet-based inkjets intended for envelope printing.

I think you have more of a chance with a laser-based engine, such as on OKI, or one of the printers adapted for heavy stock , such as those from Intec.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back