Loope Recommendation

PaulieSC

Hey All,
Can anyone recommend a high quality Loope (lit or unlit) perhaps with an adjustable
Magnification as well as perhaps a color filter to do quality control on dot reproduction
and troubleshooting . (as well as normal on press use )
Also, any used ones available?
Thanks
Steve Clancy

Hey All,
Can anyone recommend a high quality Loope (lit or unlit) perhaps with an adjustable
Magnification as well as perhaps a color filter to do quality control on dot reproduction
Thanks
Steve Clancy

Well, you could go this (rather expensive) route:
Beta Color Viewer II
or
Beta Color Viewer III with UV

However, I would suggest:
Pocket Microscopes
50x or 75x

And this microscope so that you can take pics of what you see to share and compare images:
http://b2b.gentec-intl.com/GentecInc/Support/4336305optex_digimag200_sell_sheet_eng.pdf
(some examples here: Quality In Print: How was it printed? Simple ways to determine the printing method used. )

And you should also have one of these for UV analysis:
Blacklight Shop - MODEL PP UV LIGHT POCKET PEN
(was used here: Quality In Print: The issues of Optical Brightening Agents in paper and ink - part 5 of 5 )

best, gordon p

Thank You

Thank You

Gordon,
Thank you so much for the information , exactly what
I was looking for. Thanks forth quick reply too .

Regards
Steve Clancy

For position get a 10X. For analyzing dot distortion a 50X.
John Lloyd
Hey All,
Thanks
Steve Clancy

As Gordo mentioned;

Beta Color Viewer II
or

Both are American made and will give a lifetime of service. Magnifiers of 10x, 12x, and 20x and microscopes of 25x to 100x satisfy the needs of every pressman, prepress operator, and QC professional. The magnifiers are color-corrected, anti-reflection coated, and offer long eye relief, meaning that you'll see a sharp, high contrast image from a comfortable viewing distance, rather than requiring that you bend down and put your nose on the table.

Clothes don't make the man, but high quality tools make the job a lot easier. :)

A lower cost option if you don't need the contrast-enhancement of the Beta Color Viewer III is the Betamag 12x with the dual LED Illuminator:

Loupes from Beta Industries

Stop by our stand at Graph Expo in Chicago in two weeks and see the complete line of magnifiers and microscopes.

Larry Goldberg
Beta Industries

BETAII is what we have on our floor, works great, also a 50x and 8-10X for the pressman, however i perfer 10X

Hi, I went to
george brown college, in toronto, in 1985, and then 6X magnifiction was recomended.

Gordo is right again, and his comments here;

Quality In Print: Optical Brightners

are true and extremely helpful.

In his loupe collection, under the catagory of "rigid magnifier" the Beta Color Viewer II is shown and described. Tying several topics together; illumination, magnification, fluorescence, and optical brightening agents, the most convenient solution is this;

the current version of the Beta Color Viewer III "rigid magnifier". New light emitting diodes replace the tungsten lamp and filters, plus a UV LED to stimulate the fluorescence of inks and optically brightened substrates.

The housing of the unit excludes ambient light, eliminating the need to shut off the room lights to see the fluorescence.

Larry

Gordon, Keith Larry and Richard
Just checking in on Print Planet after a crazy week in the printing trenches.
Thanks all for taking the time to answer my question . I really appreciate your expertise
Allot of information to look into.. Really like the Beta Color II and III. Any chance
that Beta sells reconditioned ones Larry :) would love to make it to the show but not in the cards this year.
Gordon , thanks so much for taking the time to put together a resource like your blog.
Very much appreciated . The loupe article is great . I know firsthand what it's like to
Try to trouble shoot on press without having a good view of what's happening with
the actual dots.
Thanks again all
Regards
Steve Clancy
this year.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back