lotem 800 problem

skymaster

Hi
ı have a line problem on the lotem and attached the picture
can you look and give a advice
thanks for advance

pls open with windows picture and fax viewer and make a zoom on 65 dot or 70 dot
the lines cen be seen better

Attachments

• expose_plate.jpg
    expose_plate.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
You did not get a proper exposure, if you mean black-to-white lines transition where white lines look thicker.

I had a similar problem last year on Lotem 800V fiber head. Please clean very very carefully the final optics and the calibration manager. If the problem persists change them.

Hi
thanks for advance

TRy and clean your V groove and oil the carriage pads with silicon oil. Is this a fibre head Lotem or a Quantum?

I think the problem is the processor. If the media is a POSITIVE plate, the laser don´t plot in the areas of 100 % of point, that is to say, the clean emulsion processed with the developer is what we should see in the zone with the bands.

Nacho

Last edited:
dear friends
thanks for helps
I m useing possitive plate
just for example
the lines are in every 1 mm
so ecording to me this is not mechanical problems
ı tried several screen sets

1 I clean the v block with silicon oil and lens with speccial antistatic tissue
2 I replaced a tsp board with working one
I didnt replaced a ddb board(trying to find for checking)

I think the problem is the processor. If the media is a POSITIVE plate, the laser don´t plot in the areas of 100 % of point, that is to say, the clean emulsion processed with the developer is what we should see in the zone with the bands.

Nacho

Hi m8
thanks for ıdea
but ı exposed in lotem 800 and proccesed in the another two processor
but the result is still same

I had a similar problem last year on Lotem 800V fiber head. Please clean very very carefully the final optics and the calibration manager. If the problem persists change them.

Hi m8
lotem800 is fiber optics not quantum
can you send me to procedure how to do
final optics? and Calibration menager ? can you explain (is there a picture)

Thanks

Do you see that lines on printed sheets?
Dont think that's optcs issue but the emulsion sprinkling during plates production.
Try to process not exposed plate (in dark room conditions) - do you see the same lines at blue background?
And tell us the name of plates finally!!!

Last edited:
Do you see that lines on printed sheets?
Dont think that's optcs issue but the emulsion sprinkling during plates production.

hi m8
thanks for reply

ı didnt make a print on paper so ı dont know?

pls open with windows picture and fax viewer and make a zoom on 65 dot or 70 dot

Hi m8
thanks for ideas

ı will print on paper and will check on the paper
and try to process witout expose
plate that useing is alloy

after checking ı will give info about the result

Please, can you scan the plate again? Make zoom and scan in the 65 dot o 70 dot area . The picture has not the sufficient resolution to be able to evaluate it.
Probably what I see in the picture can be confusing me in the diagnostic.
I see a few vertical bars in the blue rectangle (in Remarks: area) but I am not sure if they are of the glass of the scanner.
Also it seems that there are a few bars in the screen area. Probably be for the use of a combination of lineature, resolution and form of not standard point. In this case try the same test with the screenset Vc175r10c. Verify if the result continues being equal.
Sometimes also it is possible try to solve plotting with a higher resolution in the user screenset.

Nacho.

Last edited:
Hi
thanks for advance

Is your Lotem a V or V2? If it is a 48beam Lotem, try and expose with 24 beams and see what the result is. It could be a Uniformity problem if it is a 48 beam Lotem.

re

re

thanks for trying to help

1 I will scan in a high res scanner and attached a picture
2 this lotem is 24 diods

and while I try to expose it gives an error and it starts from 9 to 24 diods

I exposed with also Vc175r10c
but result was the same
thanks in advance

Last edited:
Some diode laser is provoking possibly the problem.
You have to look at the resolution that you use to plot and then in the table of resolution / intensity in Lotem Controller to look in that value of intensity is this resolution.
For example, if you plot to 2540dpi you will have to look at the row of 100. If this value provokes the mistake of calibration try to lower a bit the value compensating with processor.

The problem is not in the laser diodes themselves, because they are very reliable. Please check the laser drivers. Open the left cover and turn off the power supply of the lasers. Then open the cover downside and find the laser drivers. Please change the positions of laser driver N7 with the last N23. Please mind that they are one and the same pcb and the numbering starts from 0 to 23. Use ground strip!!!

Please, can you scan the plate again? Make zoom and scan in the 65 dot o 70 dot area . The picture has not the sufficient resolution to be able to evaluate it.
Probably what I see in the picture can be confusing me in the diagnostic.
I see a few vertical bars in the blue rectangle (in Remarks: area) but I am not sure if they are of the glass of the scanner.
Also it seems that there are a few bars in the screen area. Probably be for the use of a combination of lineature, resolution and form of not standard point. In this case try the same test with the screenset Vc175r10c. Verify if the result continues being equal.
Sometimes also it is possible try to solve plotting with a higher resolution in the user screenset.

Nacho.

Hi m8

thanks

I will do that and will attached
thanks in advanced

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back