Magnus 400 - plate damaged when it's loaded

Musumeci

Hi.
We have a Magnus 400, and recently we got a problem when the plate is loading.
We did a loaded without expose, and the lines are there when the plate is mounted on drum. So we think are some transport wheels. But we cleaned every wheels we could access and the problem still there.
we don't know what to do.

see atached image
foto_chapa.jpg

Thanks a lot

Hi,
The easiest way is to tape with teflon tape the rollers on the transport. If there is improvement it is ok. Try to develop an unexposed plate, just to be sure that the problem is not coming from the processor.
Luck!

Ansoft

Hi.
We have a Magnus 400, and recently we got a problem when the plate is loading.
We did a loaded without expose, and the lines are there when the plate is mounted on drum. So we think are some transport wheels. But we cleaned every wheels we could access and the problem still there.
we don't know what to do.

see atached image
View attachment 2316

Thanks a lot

They look to me like roller marks. These are situated under the drum and push the plate unto it when plates are loaded. Maybe they are pressing to hard. What plaes are you using? Is the problem recent? Did you try another batch of plates.

The Magnus 400 loads "emulsion down", and if it's a manual-load device, this means rolling the surface across the feed table. Unfortunately it doesn't take much debris, or a stuck roller to cause marks on most plates these days (especially some of our un-named competitors :) ).

If you're sure it's none of the exposed rollers, then all I can offer is to help get you in touch with our Service team to take a look at the inside of the device - there may be a damaged roller or debris stuck somewhere inside. Let me know if I can help with that.

Hint - it's easy to line up where the scratches are occuring so that you can find which rollers to look at and where to look (left-to-right at least).

Kevin.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back