Magnus 800 platesetter PROBLEM

Hello,

I need some help with my Magnus 800. The plate is loaded onto the drum, but the imageing does not start. The job is removed from the Xpo instantly, whit a message

The exposure failed. Ricon error>Timeout waiting for image data (error code-38111, error category-03-recoverable error)

Please if someone has any ideas on how to solve this problem contact me.

I have done the reset Evo but it does not help

Last edited:
Why not to try "call Service" first?

Oh, I see - you don't want to waste your money!
OK, waste your time ... and money then.

Last edited:
My guess having 2 Magnus 800s is you have a failed data transfer board, with lick it's just a loose connector cable. Reconnect all or cables and try. If that doesn't work, call Kodak.

Hello,

I need some help with my Magnus 800. The plate is loaded onto the drum, but the imageing does not start. The job is removed from the Xpo instantly, whit a message

The exposure failed. Ricon error>Timeout waiting for image data (error code-38111, error category-03-recoverable error)

Please if someone has any ideas on how to solve this problem contact me.

I have done the reset Evo but it does not help

Are you using a Continuous Loading M800; a Single cassette one or one with an MCU?
Try and turn your plates by 180Deg. Maybe the plates are not loading correctly so when it tries to do edge detection is when it fails. You really need a Service Dongle to see more info of the failure. Also clean the vacuum holes near the Head Clamps.

@Vlad Canada
Of course we have called our Service providers, I just wanted to hear some suggestions before the guys from Kodak came.
@Pach
We are using M800 continous loading whit a Single cassette.

So we have checked SCSI cable, uploaded firmware on T.MCE board, reseted the T.MCE board but nothing helped.
So we ordered a new T.MCE board....
fortunately we have another M800 whit the same configuration, but it is giving us headaches because the autoloader is disposing the paper correctly.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
@Vlad Canada
Of course we have called our Service providers, I just wanted to hear some suggestions before the guys from Kodak came.
@Pach
We are using M800 continous loading whit a Single cassette.

So we have checked SCSI cable, uploaded firmware on T.MCE board, reseted the T.MCE board but nothing helped.
So we ordered a new T.MCE board....
fortunately we have another M800 whit the same configuration, but it is giving us headaches because the autoloader is disposing the paper correctly.

Thank you for your help.

Your second M800 is having papaer disposing probs or is it OK? If it has a problem, what it is exactly?

I am sorry what I ment is that our second M800 IS NOT disposing the paper correctly.
The paper picker can not pick up the paper at all, and we have to do it manually. The Kodak guys say that it is a electric charge problem, but they do not have a solution for it.

Any thoughts?

I am sorry what I ment is that our second M800 IS NOT disposing the paper correctly.
The paper picker can not pick up the paper at all, and we have to do it manually. The Kodak guys say that it is a electric charge problem, but they do not have a solution for it.

Any thoughts?

He could be right about static electricity, due to humidity beeing very low. The paper will stick to the plate. Are you under service contract? There is a Field Changing Order where they can fit an ionizer into the Autoloader. This should improve the humidity inside the Autoloader.
With the other M800, has the technician tried to load a plate and expose one of the Test files from ServiceShell? This should prove where your problems comes from. Test1 is the most used one.

@PACH
Yes we are under a service contract, but I do not know about that Field Changing Order, we bought the M800 about four months ago and since than we have had that problem. The autoloader has a fan installed in it, I dont know maybe that is a ionizer.

We have only uploaded firmware on T.MCE board, reseted the T.MCE board but they have not done any Service Shell tests.

Thank you PACH, you have been very helpful.

Last edited:
@PACH
Yes we are under a service contract, but I do not know about that Field Changing Order, we bought the M800 about four months ago and since than we have had that problem. The autoloader has a fan installed in it, I dont know maybe that is a ionizer.

We have only uploaded firmware on T.MCE board, reseted the T.MCE board but they have not done any Service Shell tests.

Thank you PACH, you have been very helpful.

What is the humidity in the room?It should be arround 50% R.H.Is the paper grabed by the paper picker and lifted at all? Is the papaer sticking to the plate before it is lifted?

The humidity is about 40 to 45%, but the plate picker can not lift the paper at all, so it must be a electric charge problem, I guess that we will have to install an ionizer in the room, until then we pull the paper from the autoloader by hand. Also today we have done about a 100 B1 plates on it, and apparently there seems to be a problem with the punch, because it does not move the plate in the right position after it punchs it. The plate is stuck over the sensors, and we have to move it manually.

We cleaned the sensors, the bands in the imagesetter but it did not help.

The humidity is about 40 to 45%, but the plate picker can not lift the paper at all, so it must be a electric charge problem, I guess that we will have to install an ionizer in the room, until then we pull the paper from the autoloader by hand. Also today we have done about a 100 B1 plates on it, and apparently there seems to be a problem with the punch, because it does not move the plate in the right position after it punchs it. The plate is stuck over the sensors, and we have to move it manually.

It certainly sounds like that the paper is stuck unto the plate due to very strong static. Have you got humidity control in the room? If not install a humidifier. When you remove the paper manually do you feel a strong resistance to it?
Is the plate punched correctly? After punching the loading platform should pull the plate away from the punches and present it to the drum for loading.. Does this happen? You can clean the belts with a damp cloth. What plates are you using?

On more thing that I should have mentioned. Please try and store your plates in the same room where the M800 is or at least 48 hours before usage. Also, before putting the plates into the cassette fan them out like the some press men do it with paper.

What is the latest with your Magnuses?

Hello,

well we will install an ionizer in the room because the humidity in the room is very low. J sent a error log to Kodak, because when the plate is measured on the drum it shows 607x745 instead of 605x745. So they say that they will replace that part.
Again the paper from the autoloader can not be lifted and we have to do it manually.

Hello,

well we will install an ionizer in the room because the humidity in the room is very low. J sent a error log to Kodak, because when the plate is measured on the drum it shows 607x745 instead of 605x745. So they say that they will replace that part.
Again the paper from the autoloader can not be lifted and we have to do it manually.

Thanks for your feedback.
On the Loadung Platform there is detector on th RHS which measures the length of the plate during plate loading. so either the detector is at fault or the Machine Systen Board that receives the signal from the detector.
You should already have aN Ionizer in the Autioloader . You also need humidity control in the room that can be achived with a Humidifier. The ones that are plumbed in are much better than a cheap free standing one. By the way, where about you are?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back